Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I Have The Power!!!

I started to post this last night and I had one more picture to upload, then the Moomba site crashed.
    It was probably for the best as I was P.W.I. Posting While Intoxicated. Don't judge! I know I'm not the only one!
    I started getting many of the parts installed over the last week or two.
    Listed here https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=9901
    First the pics of the alternator and the external regulator. All the wiring is in and cleaned up. Had to up the wire size from 10 to 4 gauge, and I may end up going to the 1/o depending on temp.
    The alt was so big that I had to modify the cooling hoses to keep the pully fan from hitting. It was pretty technical... ok it was a big azz reusable/adjustable zip-tie. Don't hate, its temporary... maybe.. I don't know it looks pretty custom.
    Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by newty; 02-03-2010 at 08:43 PM.

PWI as usual...

Next I had to relocate the heater so I could utilize the space under the bow for the new batteries. That wasn't fun... When I was finally able to get the hoses off, the core ended up draing all over inder the dash and the water from the engine sifoned up there as well until I was able to break the vacuum at the motor disconnecting the exhaust manifold drains. Note to self drain block before playing with the heater.
    Got it done and now I have tons of room for batteries. Turned out better than I expected. This will aid in balancing the boat better and make more room in the storage area.

PWI as usual...

Lastly some preliminary placement to see what fits where and how to best utilize the front storage area.
    Mounting the new shurepower and the new Punch 1000-1db
    That space is huge if you can optimize it!
    When I get the wire in I'll post up more pics.

PWI as usual...

P.W.I. I like it, good to know i'm not alone, i also B.W.I. but thats only because the winds have died and the water is glass/butter. BTW your lucky to have the boat so close at this time of year and awesome job. I like the orange cooler fan.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Newty--as always--awsome work!

P.W.I.---now that is to funny
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Looks pretty awesome. i think a few hours and a couple beers is in order so i can get some better looks and ideas. hummmmm...What da ya say lol
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

You bring the beer and you got a deal! Just no stealing ideas!

BTW I like budlight lime!
    Mike how mach carpet do you have left over? I may end up running short by the time this project is done.

PWI as usual...

Newty, how did you run the battery cables to access the battery on the drivers side?

I just picked up a battery switch and am going to add a second battery and dont want it on the passenger side--allready have to much crap stored on that side.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

nice and tight Ryan! caint wait till summer I will be looking for another boat in May

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    You bring the beer and you got a deal! Just no stealing ideas!

BTW I like budlight lime!
    Mike how mach carpet do you have left over? I may end up running short by the time this project is done.
    You got it man lol. Well AWS got me the Grey carpet grrrrr. Brad ordered me a new roll. I should have plenty i got at least a Yard.

Ill let ya know as soon as i get.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]