Hybrid View

Default Fixing / Lubricating steering cable

so the big test. i drill a hole in the steering cable and injected ship to shore plid into the housing and turning the wheel from stop to stop. it took 1/2 hour of turning and injecting and then when i turned the cable up hill it would bring rust up and out the hole so i kept going till the rust stopped coming.let it sit over night and tried again and the same thing in about 5 minutes. went out every hour and sprayed and turned and now the wheel turns like new. tape the hole and do this two or three time a year and the cable sould never seaze again

here is the web site for the spray www.ship-2-shore.com. this stuff will stop and protect from rust and corrosion and is dielectric it will cover and stop rust or corrosion

here are some pictures i drilled the hole on the upper part af the cable just were it comes out of the floor .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you mustangairchair. My 05 XLV is in need of a new steering cable but, I think I will give this a try before I go and change it out!
    Life's great when im on the water in my 05 XLV!

i use it at work. you can get the spray at the web site in the first threads