Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: loose bolts

07" tandem trailer with LSV, dump it in fresh water 3-4 times per week. Lag screws come loose, I have tried both locktite and the other. seems no differance. tighten them up with either seems to both work well sometimes. next is the stapel comming loose from rusting out. best I have found is first to second week of july get under there and tighten things up with either product. bring a staple gun and over do it with stapels. Wish I could fnd stainless staples but as this far no luck....Its a maitance item.

On a diffrent note I had a bad issue with trailer brakes that were driving me crazy this year. I am 10 miles from the lake. I kept having heat issues with the breakes. I thought something draging ect. I replaced my oil bath hubs with the old grease ect. Still had trouble..... Found out my breaks were draging because they were taking on water and swelling. The brakes release because of the Knock or error in runnout in the untrue match of the hub and disk was not working because of the soft pads.... Changed pads problem solved.... Towed 5 hours no problem. Now I have two oil bath two grease hubs.they would swell after pulling out of the water and usually on the way back to the lake!!! Heads up?
    Last edited by aintskeered; 02-04-2010 at 12:50 AM.

sounds like something boatmate should be addressing...
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier