Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes, I saw the Fraction. Awesome deal!!! I think I was wrong on the size of board I need??? I am 6'1'' and weigh 190-200 lbs., weight seems to stay around there. I would be best in at least a 140, right???

I would say 142 for someone your size, but I like boards a little big. In fact after I found that Faction I saw a Ronix One 146 for $127 that I bought to replace my 142.

The Faction before this year was pretty heavy. It might feel like a tank to you ?
    If you can find a Marius 140 I really like that board and I'm 6'2 215-220. The Marius is a pretty wide board all the way from tip to tail though. So it takes some getting used to. I use the smaller center fin and love it.

I'm partial to CWB since I've befriended the rep, But I also rode the Byerly Monarch and that was a pretty nice and light loose board.

A ton of people rave about the Transcend but I wasn't too impressed with it.

I hear a lot of good things about the LF Lyman also.

Picked up 08 CWB Answer bindings last night on boardersmall.com. $111 shipped, pretty good deal if anyone else is looking.

I am strongly considering a 142 Slingshot Response. What's the good, the bad and the ugly on this board?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 Outback V View Post
    Picked up 08 CWB Answer bindings last night on boardersmall.com. $111 shipped, pretty good deal if anyone else is looking.

I am strongly considering a 142 Slingshot Response. What's the good, the bad and the ugly on this board?

Thanks
    I don't think there is anything bad to say about that board. It's a flex board and they aren't for everyone, but those that ride them think they are the "sickest board ever" (it's even printed on the boards this year.) Usually flex boards have a steeper learning curve, so don't plan to jump on it and shred your first set. It will teach you to edge and load the line right.

Ok, I am reconsidering board size again. The more I think about it, I might perfer a smaller board.

I like smaller snowboards, it is recomended that someone my size ride a 162 or bigger. I ride a 158-159. I think a 138 wakeboard might be perfect. I think my blindside is a 140, I wish I could remember, too bad it is like 2.5 hrs away.

Anyway, here is my main concern: will a 138 be too small that someone who is 190-200 lbs will have troubles staying on top of the water. I wouldn't think so since a 140 is not even an inch longer?

Another factor, both the CWB transcend and fraction are really good deals on boardersmall.com right now. Of course both are only available in a 138. Yet, I don't want to take the cheap way and end up with a board that doesn't work for me.

Also, on the transcend vs fraction topic. I know the transcend has a subtle 3 stage rocker while the fraction has a continuous rocker. The fraction is a bit wider and not quite as of advanced of a board as the transcend. I think that the transcend has available fin extentions to tighten up the ride. Does anyone know anything else about these two boards?

Decisions, decisions??????

I like a smaller snowboard too... should ride a 162 or larger but ride a 159. But I like bigger wakeboards though, like I said, just traded the 142 for a 146. In my opinion you are both too tall and too heavy for a 138. You could make it work, but if you're buying new I'd buy it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    I like a smaller snowboard too... should ride a 162 or larger but ride a 159. But I like bigger wakeboards though, like I said, just traded the 142 for a 146. In my opinion you are both too tall and too heavy for a 138. You could make it work, but if you're buying new I'd buy it right the first time.
    That said, 142 slingshot it is. Now if I could just get boardersmall to knock that price below $200 so I can buy it without the wife kicking me to the curb........hmmm

Check out evogear's outlet. I didn't see any Slingshots, but they had tons of very nice 09 boards for under <$200 when you take the additional 26% off.

my friend is 6 2 200lbs and rides a 140. You can get a 138 if the board is a little wider than normal 138's! If your looking at slingshot boards, i would have gone a complete slingshot setup. The new setup of how it holds on the boards makes it a whole lot more responsive compared to the faceplate setup for general boards! You might want to check out the pros who ride those boards and see if their styles match to yours!
    07 Moomba Outback