Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hidden chases in the LSV

So my battery and charging system upgrade has seriously morphed.
    Any one know how the wire chases under the floor are configured?
    Ive been crawling around and it looks like its completely open under the seat on the outside of the stringers. The chases go back about 6" then open up. If this is the case it would make this mod easier.
    I'm thinking of moving my battery and relocating the factory battery cables.
    I want to put the battery tight against the cooler under the observer seat.
    Which brings me to my next question... Moombadaze!!! When you cut your cooler out there was a hole in the floor for the drain. Were the battery cables visible/accessable from that point? I'd love to pull the cable up through there and clean up all the wire.
    I really want to clear out my storage area of batteries and stereo equipment (don't worry I'm not getting rid of and stereo stuff).
    I cant really access that hole under the cooler without removing the cooler. I'm not sure if I want to remove it, although I hate that the cooler is basically useless, as it usually ends up being a garbage.
    That and I could use the extra space. I always bring an igloo cube along for food and bevs anyway.

Side note I just picked up a new (used off of Craigslist) amp for the subs today, its a Punch 1000-1bd. 1000 watts rms x1 @ 1ohm and its 1 ohm stable.
    My subs are going to love this thing and it will be a ton more effecient than the Punch 1000.2 Class A and I'll use the .2 for my towers. So when I get my HLCD's I'll plenty of juice for them. I cant let mmandley stay ahead of me for too long!
    Pardon the spelling and punc's I'm in a hurry to catch the east coasters!
    Last edited by newty; 01-31-2010 at 12:12 AM.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Which brings me to my next question... Moombadaze!!! When you cut your cooler out there was a hole in the floor for the drain. Were the battery cables visible/accessable from that point? I'd love to pull the cable up through there and clean up all the wire.
    Newty, Dont remember looking down into that hole, Give me a little time and I'll perform a Florida quick summerization (pull the cover off) and crawl up in there with a flashlight and take a look. Dont worry I wont forget to rewinterize it(pull cover back on tight)

Gotta say I would love to be able to do the stuff you have. All your stereo talk is pure greek to me- I would need some one to say specifically what to buy and how to do it.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

All you gotta do is ask! I'd be happy to help!

PWI as usual...

Newty--battery cables in plain sight--about 6" straight down. But that would be dang near impossible to get to them with the cooler inplace. If you do remove the ice melter use a drimel and a rotor zip blade. Ear plugs are a must also.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    . I cant let mmandley stay ahead of me for too long!
    Pardon the spelling and punc's I'm in a hurry to catch the east coasters!
    What??? Ahead of the Newty? I dont know about that. I will tell you though, i have the Boat at Exile right now. Being test fitted for a project i have in mind. Its big, its loud, its a Exile first.

If it all goes well it might be coming to your Mommba's soon too.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

OK you guys are outta control here!

Btw anyone who's looking to redo their power cable because they can't control their urges and needs 0ga wire/cable, Knukoncepts is having a bulk deal, 25' bulk buy at $1.50 a foot. Pretty darn cheap.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Hey DAZE, thats the same summerization/winerization process I use. Think we should share that with other in the HOW TO thread...

Angry

You guys are just being down right mean
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    No chit huh! Gonna start calling it WeenieWorld around here pretty soon!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Daze thanks for checking that for me. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to pull out the cooler. Any regrets?

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    OK you guys are outta control here!
    Btw anyone who's looking to redo their power cable because they can't control their urges and needs 0ga wire/cable, Knukoncepts is having a bulk deal, 25' bulk buy at $1.50 a foot. Pretty darn cheap.
    I couldn't control my urges and bought 50 feet. Thanks for the link Razz.

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    LOL You guys have to get the wind breakers out and the boats go into storage?
    It must be miserable with the water temp waaaaay down in the 60's.
    I'd kill for something in the 50's right now.

PWI as usual...