Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ballast

Default ballast

just bought a 2008 moomba outback v got a question is got a three bag ballast and when i turn on the middle ballast it works and you can hear the pumps running but when i hit the left or the right ballst fill switch nothing happens am i doing something wrong? any ideas would be great thanks.....

Congrats on the new boat. do the lights come on in the left/right switches. all three bags should fill from the same fill pump. empty pumps are seperate. do the mpty sitch run and make noise?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

thanks im pretty excited......on left/right the lights do come on! so maybe the midlle switch fills them all and the left and right drain individually.....but i dont even believe the make noise when i hit drain.....

I am in the process of getting the GI to GIII upgrade DIY style so i have been accumulating parts.

There is a single fill pump that goes to the sprinkler valves( under the rear seat v drive area) each switch LRC will fill the respective bags by turning on the pump and opening the valve to each. when you empty each LRC bag the switch turns on the evac pump at each bag.

I guess i would check all the connections behind the switch, then feel the empty pumps it they run while emptying ( run only for a few seconds to check) then check the elactrical connections at the sprinkler valves to make sure they are tight.

does the fill pump run when the LR switches are flipped to fill and just no water enters the bag?

Valve look like this below

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

ill try all that i think the lr might be to drain only and the middle fills them all ill play around with it and see thanks for all the info....

Quote Originally Posted by outbackv View Post
    ill try all that i think the lr might be to drain only and the middle fills them all ill play around with it and see thanks for all the info....
    If it is a stock GIII system it should not work that way. Check the sprinkler valves. There is a little switch on them that is known to get flipped off accidently. Your owners manual makes note of these switches on the sprinkler valves. If you don't have an owners manual, I believe you can access the online version through the links all the way at the top of this website. Possibly under "About Moomba"?

Good luck and congrats on the purchase.

thanks ill look into that i bet its just something small like that im gonna play around with it and see what i can do....

2007 Outback v, forgot about those switches as well. Page 40 in the manual below

Do you switches look like this with just a different logo

http://moomba.com/downloads/owner_manuals/moomba_08.pdf
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jmvotto; 04-01-2010 at 06:54 PM.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

yes they look exactly like that..... any idea whats going on ??

Read page 40 in the above lnk to the manual it should explain the overide lever on your soleinoid valves and or the breaker for the switch panel. I think its the levers

I tried to cut and paste page 40 from the manual but was able to.
    Last edited by jmvotto; 04-02-2010 at 07:38 AM.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold