I have been slowly working on upgrading my GI system to GIII. Not done yet, but I can see the light. It has been quite the project, I've learned a lot!!! I would like to take a few seconds and personally thank the moomba boards, that means all of you!!! I would not have made it this far into the upgrade without reading what others have done and asking tons, and I mean tons of questions. THANK YOU!!!!

When I decided to take on this project, my main trouble was trying to figure out which ballast pumps I wanted to use........stay stock with sprinkler valves, go with Tsunami pumps, or go with impeller pumps like the Jabsco ballast puppy. To make a long story short I decided to go with impeller pumps for two main reasons:
1) I wanted to have fairly quick fill times (we all know how restrictive the sprinkler valves can be)
2) I wanted to make the install simple as possible

At first I wanted to go with Jabsco pumps but I choose Simer 12V water pumps ~$53 ea. at Fleet Farm. I couldn't beat that price, and I couldn't afford the Jabsco pumps (considering it was also very important that I get tower speakers on the boat before spring). Yes I know, SIMER PUMPS ARE NOT IGNITION PROTECTED!!!! That is why I mounted them in the rear lockers. Well, I'm sure you all are eager to see some pics, so here the project is thus far.

Port side rear locker with ski locker pump mounted on back of seat and rear locker pump mounted under seat.

Starboard side pump, fills starboard rear locker bag.

Rear locker bag size 12X20X46 (They have 1 in. fill/empty port and 3/4 in. overflow port.

Intake manifold looking toward starboard side. 1 in. ballast hose is for center ski locker fill/empty.