PDA

View Full Version : rack for cwb ride

gus 08 mobius lsv
01-28-2010, 10:23 PM
someone in another post said they use their factory wakeboard rack for this board but mine is such a tight fit that its messing up the top of my board and making black marks all over. i know you want a tight fit so it doesn't chatter so anyone have this board that bought an aftermarket rack. seems like some of them are pretty wide and since this is a narrow board i don't wanna buy something and find out it won't work.
thanks for any input guys!

moombadaze
01-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Gus, I too have a 08 lsv with the factory wake board racks and have a cwb ride. On the racks they added these little ear tabs that are about a inch long at the bigining of the rack-part where you start to stick the board in-take a razor blade and trim that ear flush with the rest of the rubber padding and that board will fit no problems. I have trimed all 4 racks now. Have had no issues since doing this.That ear piece messed up Ed G's white walker board-left 2 black lines across it. One other thing the hyperlite boards will also fit those racks.

Hope this helps as that ear piece was starting to rip the foot pad on my ride board also.

gus 08 mobius lsv
01-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Gus, I too have a 08 lsv with the factory wake board racks and have a cwb ride. On the racks they added these little ear tabs that are about a inch long at the bigining of the rack-part where you start to stick the board in-take a razor blade and trim that ear flush with the rest of the rubber padding and that board will fit no problems. I have trimed all 4 racks now. Have had no issues since doing this.That ear piece messed up Ed G's white walker board-left 2 black lines across it. One other thing the hyperlite boards will also fit those racks.

Hope this helps as that ear piece was starting to rip the foot pad on my ride board also.

man i feel like a dumby! sounds so simple when u said it...yes that is the only thing that was messing up the board. i'll only do it to the one spot and keep it for the surfboard. thanks man !

moombadaze
01-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Glad to help..

you da man
01-30-2010, 09:28 PM
Guess I'll trim mine down as well. I just got the new 2010 Ronix Cortez surfboard two weeks ago and yesterday I ordered a leftover '09 Thresher from Shred Stixx. I think the Cortez will fit the wakeboard rack but I think I'll be using the Z-5 for surfboards.

cab13367
02-13-2010, 03:11 AM
Gus,

I have the same board. I didn't trim the rubber ears. I slide (more like wiggle actually) the board in with the bottom of the board towards the rubber ears. They fit fine and that way, the top of the board does not get messed up and it fits in there snug.

I'm sure trimming the rubber ears works too.

Al

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-13-2010, 10:07 AM
my rack has the rubber ears on top and bottom i think if i cut them i'll still have a snug fit but i'll start with ones on the top and if that is still too tight then i'll do bottom too. thanks cab

QUOTE=cab13367;85123]Gus,

I have the same board. I didn't trim the rubber ears. I slide (more like wiggle actually) the board in with the bottom of the board towards the rubber ears. They fit fine and that way, the top of the board does not get messed up and it fits in there snug.

I'm sure trimming the rubber ears works too.

Al[/QUOTE]