PDA

View Full Version : Outback additions...

Reese350
01-27-2010, 09:25 PM
We sold our LSV in the fall and are going back to an Outback because the kids want to start running the slalom course. The Outback I'm picking up needs a few additions.

Any recommendations on where to pick up these adds at a reasonable price?

- Wakeboard rack (maybe surf rack)
- Bimini
- Depth gauge
- Perfect Pass (assuming directly from PP)
- 750 lb ballast for under rear seat with 12v Tsunami
- Mirror with arm

I haven't had a good experience with getting stuff like this from our local Moomba dealer so looking for alternatives.

brain_rinse
01-27-2010, 09:28 PM
I'd check with onlyinboards for perfect pass, and monster tower for mirror arm

maxpower220
01-27-2010, 09:36 PM
I assume that your new boat has a tower. LIP industry (in San Diego) had board racks that bolt onto the factory tower. I bought mine from ebay.
Skiertoskier.com will have a good price on Perfect Pass.
Overton's will have the bimini, but you could also try a local boat shop. I have seen custom biminis that attach directly to the tower.
I got my depth finder at Great Lake, but overton's has one that looks just like the factory guages.

BRANDNIRON8971
01-28-2010, 12:47 AM
Got my wakeboard racks from Monster Tower. They have the oval mount just like the factory racks, to fit the cross members. Think I gat them for around $100???? dealer wanted, like $300.

Reese350
01-28-2010, 07:49 AM
Thanks guys, very helpful.

Ed, since the boys are going to be running the course competitively this year we are going to put in the Stargazer 3-event with the automatic course timing. Thanks for the offer, smokin deal for someone!

Ian Brantford
01-28-2010, 02:13 PM
I like my Comptech swivel wakeboard rack. I also got a Monster cargo bimini during last year's late-season sale. However, I don't have the bimini installed yet, so I cannot comment directly on it. Others like it just fine. It's much less expensive than the factory cargo rack.

flex
01-28-2010, 02:37 PM
google fat sac and you will find numerous sites that sell them. there is fat sac that is made to fit under the rear seat.

monster tower sells XTP racks & mirrors that fit the oval bar on tower. the bimini they sell is excellent. i installed one on my previous boat; easy project.

jasonwm
01-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Pro X Series Rear Seat Sac is your best option for a bag that will go under the rear seat. If you want to replace the rear seat (with nothing when skiing the course, with a bag when wakeboarding), then the Fat Sac is a good choice, although you'll definitely want some weight up front with that much in the back.

maxpower220
01-28-2010, 07:20 PM
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=9993

See link for arm. Not my thread.