PDA

View Full Version : Vib @ Slow Speeds - Better Prop Pitch, Blades?

Rusten
05-24-2004, 09:33 PM
I have a 2000 Kanga and spend most of my time skiing. My wife prefers to wakeboard and I've been doing a lot of driving at 20mph pulling her. The problem is that the boat doesn't plane particularly well at 20mph and it has a bit of a vibration or rough ride.

I am going to start with a new prop, hoping that I can solve two problems at once. (1) Possibly to repair any potential imperfection causing the moderate vibration. (2) achieve a better plane/consistent feel at slow speeds. (3) possibly holding the most consistent speed (as I've also read in this forum the 4-blades offer).

This thought was based on an email I read by Brian Raymond in an earlier thread. He mentioned that a four-blade will cause the boat to ride more level at slower speeds.

Assuming this to be true, my only question is whether I can purchase a different pitch that will also improve the Kanga's ride at 18-34mph. I don't care about speeds above 36mph whatsoever, so the top-end isn't an issue. Also, the hole-shot isn't an issue - the Moomba is great in this regard.

With this in mind, is there a better pitch for me? And can anyone suggest whether something like the Acme CNC four blade to be a good option in this instance?

Thank you in advance!

Yellowmobius
05-25-2004, 08:23 AM
I bought a cutter 13x13 4 blade Stainless steel prop that I am happy with.
As for the vibration, if you take it to a shop have them check the shaft alingment.