PDA

View Full Version : ?????

Jrod06
05-24-2004, 09:06 PM
I just bought a mobius xlv and i'm a little confused with the speedometer, theres 2 of them, 1 on each side of the boat, i got that part, but then theres 2 nobs under them that you turn that alters the speed, and it doesnt just alter the speed a little, it alters it alot!! what is the purpose of these and how do you know the right place to have them??

austinlsv
05-24-2004, 11:54 PM
I bought a GPS and calibrated for accuracy.

jburnside
05-25-2004, 08:53 AM
jrod,
The adjustment knobs should be dialed-in to the following recommendation by Mr. Brian Raymond (Skiers Choice Guru).

"The carb. motors with the 240-260hp. range, should use the 3000rpm. @30mph. scale. The newer 310-370hp. motors(incl. Vdrives and gear reductions) should use the speedo calibration, 3800rpm.@36mph. The amount of people and gear and ballast will change these numbers some, these figures are based on one person empty boats. If you own or have access to a G.P.S., by all means , adjust accordingly." I copied this from an old post.

If I were you, I'd try to Find a piece of fairly flat water with sufficient room to get up to speed (and shut down safely) and fine tune the knobs until each speedo reads the same while driving in a straight line per Brian's guidelines. Good luck.