PDA

View Full Version : Met Skiers Choice Product Manager

Sled491
01-24-2010, 05:42 PM
So while at the Milwaukee Boat show yesterday afternoon, I was introduced to Matt Brown,, Skiers Choice Product Manager. Heck of a guy, had a real lengthy conversation with him and really enjoyed talking to him.

I have to send him some stuff over the next while, but I had to promise to take him ice fishing the next time he's up this way. To this I said no probs :)

He gave me some scoops that I found interesting. For instance the # of each model sold. Suprisingly the LS was the lowest (by a tonne) and has therefore been removed from the line up. Yes they looked at putting a DD back in the Supra line up, but bottom line, not going to happen. No 325 hp next year, not a SC decsision, a new law thingingy.

The Outback V hull very similar in shape to the Supra 20 V. In Australia the Supra 20 V has been used in Water Ski Tournaments. 85 % + of all Outbacks built had a tower on the build sheet, thus all Outbacks come standard with a tower now.

I could go on but was sworn to secrecy :D

dru1974
01-24-2010, 07:31 PM
so infact you are telling me that there wont be a mobius ls next year?

Sled491
01-24-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm not saying yes, I'm saying this is how it was put to me "Dropped".

kaneboats
01-25-2010, 10:16 AM
It makes sense. The core skiers will buy an Outback. The Outback V and LSV are so dang good most people looking for crossover are going to go there instead of to the LS. Still too bad though.

iwakeboard
01-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Another interesting thing, the Moomba line can not have "Moomba" written on the tower in Australia because of some copyright thing over there. I always thought that was weird.

Razzman
01-25-2010, 10:37 AM
There will still be a Mobius, just not a DD version. They cannot use "Moomba" branding on the tower due because of this, The Melbourne Moomba Festival (http://www.thatsmelbourne.com.au/Whatson/moomba/Pages/Moomba.aspx), an annual event and the name "Moomba" is copyrighted. My brother lives down under and says it's a real big deal there.

Sled491
01-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Right I should clarify. Mobius is not going any where, just the LS DD model.

The #1 model by a mile in the line up is the LSV. The other 3 or 4 models depending how you want to write it don't add up to the # of LSV units built by SC.

Razzman
01-25-2010, 11:15 AM
The #1 model by a mile in the line up is the LSV.

yup! got that one right! :)

phospher
01-25-2010, 11:15 AM
No 325 hp next year, not a SC decsision, a new law thingingy.

huh? so is the hp rating going down?

Sled491
01-25-2010, 11:45 AM
No it's a emissions law, and as the 340 is already a CAT engine that is the one that will become the entry level engine instead of upgrading the 325.

dru1974
01-25-2010, 11:53 AM
well i am a "core three event guy, I just wanted the upgraded gear and space a ls offers, along with the g III package so my family can better, or more easily achieve with the ls.

On another note has anyone noticed how the ps 190 over the years has become very much like the old supra ts6m?

Sled491
01-25-2010, 11:54 AM
I agree with you and was thinking about draft as I have very shallow frontage. Looks like I'm going to have to try a couple of SC's V D's and see what happens next.

sandm
01-26-2010, 05:25 PM
I have compared my 20ssv to the ouback v and the specs are very similar. think i'm a little longer than the latest outback but still shallow draft. have had a couple of waterski guys behind mine and they do like the flat wake at 36mph, but load it up and it surfs great. not the best wakeboard boat tho.. decent, but nowhere near the larger boats with more ballast..