PDA

View Full Version : Texting While Driving

kaneboats
01-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Because I care about all of you and your families and this is a family sport I want to pass something on to you. We lost a High School girl from our community in an accident last fall. She was sending a text message and drove off the road. The video here illustrates how fast it can happen. Thanks to Liberty Mutual for bringing to my attention. Please share with your loved ones, especially young drivers.

http://www.gwent.police.uk/leadnews.php?a=2172

Sled491
01-22-2010, 10:50 PM
It's just stupid and pisses me off when I see it happen, especialy when its a mother or the same with young ones in the car. Up in Canada in Ontario it is now illegal to operate a cell phone while driving without a hands free device.

DOCDRS
01-22-2010, 10:53 PM
As of Feb 1st it will be a $155 fine if your caught, we have had a grace period till then......

Sled491
01-22-2010, 10:55 PM
I stand corrected, just going by what I was told when I was home for new years.

DOCDRS
01-22-2010, 11:03 PM
just posting the fine, they are going to keep us posted as to how many they hand out as well........its all good, you are right , it has been illegal but they just have not enforced it till feb 1

Mikey
01-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Most of the Provinces are going Hands free as far as i know. Last i heard its only us in Alberta and one other Eastern Province not buying in yet. Just a matter of time i assume.Fine and details of points and or demerits on licences are still being decided.

moombadaze
01-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the video link-seen it before and its nice to see it again to remind us all how fast stuff happens.