PDA

View Full Version : Parts from SC backordered with no ETA?

brain_rinse
01-20-2010, 01:26 PM
I've got my boat in the shop getting all the warranty issues that showed up last summer resolved. It's been there for several months now and while they've made some progress, they can't finish the boat until several parts get delivered from SC.

The story I got from the dealer is that the parts are backordered with no ETA. Can someone from Skiiers Choice comment on if this actually the case or if the dealer is buying time? It wouldn't be a big deal except its being stored outside in the meantime, collecting mountains of snow and ice. I'd rather get it home in the garage where it belongs. The dealer is several hours away, so I can't just store it at home until the parts show up.

Thanks for any help!

DOCDRS
01-20-2010, 07:14 PM
In these instances i really believe its best to take the boat in when they have the parts. I know i finally called SC wondering when my part was going to get to my dealer and they said they had just sent out a bunch but it wasn't on that order. So I decide to call the dealer and low and behold ,the part was there and that they had called me...........hmmmmm...........i guess service doesn't mean the same to everyone.......anyways at least I would call SC and ask they should have a better idea than your dealer if thats where the part is coming from.

Asking who your talking with and when you can expect a call always helps and makes it a little more personal

just .02

Jon
01-20-2010, 11:26 PM
What parts are you needing? Maybe your dealer can ask other dealers if they have the parts.

you da man
01-21-2010, 12:48 AM
Skier's Choice really needs to step up their game in customer service. Hell, they need to just answer the phone with a real person.

brain_rinse
01-21-2010, 10:23 AM
I would have loved to have the parts ordered in advance, but it doesn't work that way for warranty issues. The dealer needs to see the boat, troubleshoot the issues, get warranty approval from SC, order the parts, etc. With the dealer hours away it just wasn't feasible to do it in multiple trips.

I don't think they are very common parts... one is a muffler. I mean who would stock a muffler?! :) I guess I can call SC and leave a message, I was just hoping to catch someone on here.

DOCDRS
01-21-2010, 11:57 PM
an 08 needing a muffler , what happened to it?.........thats not good

brain_rinse
01-22-2010, 12:33 AM
an 08 needing a muffler , what happened to it?.........thats not good

Not as bad as it sounds fortunately. The drain never sealed right and it dripped (water, antifreeze) onto the carpet, soaking the rear storage compartment.

RickT
01-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Is trying to reach you on this issue. His email is [email protected]

brain_rinse
01-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Rick, thanks for the reply! I just got off the phone with Anthony and he is getting it all straightened out. Sounds like the whole process just got stretched longer than what I had expected. Sounds like parts should be to my dealer soon and I'll have my boat back in a couple of weeks. Thanks again Anthony and Rick!

Sled491
01-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Once again that personal touch is just magic. Hope you have a trouble free summer this year!

DOCDRS
01-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Isn't it nice to see the owner of the company make it personal ! I wonder if that happens at mastercraft or malibu?

moombadaze
01-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Another notch on the "why I wont buy any other brand of boat as long as Rick and his team are in place"

jasonba1
01-22-2010, 07:51 PM
If you need a muffler let me know I can find you one they are made right here in east tn , ill run down there and get it for you

DOCDRS
01-22-2010, 09:27 PM
man i searched for a muffler and could not find one, who makes these mufflers?

WakeMikey
01-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Every time I call Anthony answers. Haven't you ever called an office, gotten a receptionist who is on another call? Sometimes you have to try again. And for the record, customer service with SC or any company is not typically done over the message boards, but over the phone. To reqest info on the backordered parts please please please call Skiers Choice.

brain_rinse
01-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Every time I call Anthony answers. Haven't you ever called an office, gotten a receptionist who is on another call? Sometimes you have to try again. And for the record, customer service with SC or any company is not typically done over the message boards, but over the phone. To reqest info on the backordered parts please please please call Skiers Choice.
Thanks for the lecture, Dad. :p I called first, couldn't get any human on the other end.

wolfeman131
01-29-2010, 03:41 PM

Uh, did you notice the reply from "RickT?"

FYI - he runs the show at Skier's Choice. His participation on the boards when SC customers have issues with his staff or a dealerswhip are a good reason why many of us say we'll stay with SC vs another boat company. He got Brian's issue resolved immediately. This isn't the first time he has done so.

BTW - why wouldn't a dissatisfied customer use any means necessary to get an issue resolved?

zabooda
01-29-2010, 04:50 PM
I can see where this post is going. I hate to see Ed take someone out to the wood shed.

Sled491
01-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if that is Ed in disguise :)

DOCDRS
01-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Mikey must be in a bad mood today usu he's a super guy...:) must be winter and too much time on our hands

mmandley
01-31-2010, 12:06 PM
My experience with SC parts has been awesome. I met Rick T at the AWS evening with the stars. He knew me as soon as i said my last name LOL. Anyhow we spoke about my trailer issue, the paint cracks, he gave me a card said email him on Monday and he would look into it.

Once i did email him, the next day i got a copy of his email and response from Boat Mate Trailers. My issue wasn't resolved but Rick T < SC President > emailed Boat Mate < President >.

In the end Boat Mate has there reason for not warranting my paint, or anyone elses, i understand but don't agree with it.

Rick knew i was unhappy, so to help make it better he asked of there was anything he could do to help, i asked for some factory carpet for my upgrades, after the holidays i got a new roll sent to AWS no charge.

Thats customer service in my book, Rick didn't owe me anything, but he still wanted to make me a happy customer any way within reason.

Sled491
01-31-2010, 05:35 PM
You can say that again, I was over there the other day and all I heard was crickets :)

zabooda
01-31-2010, 09:09 PM
He needs to introduce himself as he came across as a crackpot

zabooda
02-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Four posts as a junior member and he's directing people to do things and the person is not consistent with the process that has been used on this board. People come on this board they need to understand a little bit of the protocol even as a four post junior member. People have done real well restraining themselves when working on issues that aren't getting resolved for whatever reason and Mr. Tinker does a great job getting on line and providing a path for resolution. The issues seem to start long before they get to the Board and errors by the owner, dealer and SC are manifested as the process continues. Considering how many Moombas are out there and the frequency of issues being this small is a credit to SC and the advice we give to owners with issues often ends with the recommendation to talk to the dealer or call SC (i.e. Anthony) and nothing more is said. If I was brain_rinse, I would have had more to say to someone who failed to show their importance based on being a moderator on another Bulletin Board.

Sled491
02-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Four posts as a junior member and he's directing people to do things and the person is not consistent with the process that has been used on this board. People come on this board they need to understand a little bit of the protocol even as a four post junior member. People have done real well restraining themselves when working on issues that aren't getting resolved for whatever reason and Mr. Tinker does a great job getting on line and providing a path for resolution. The issues seem to start long before they get to the Board and errors by the owner, dealer and SC are manifested as the process continues. Considering how many Moombas are out there and the frequency of issues being this small is a credit to SC and the advice we give to owners with issues often ends with the recommendation to talk to the dealer or call SC (i.e. Anthony) and nothing more is said. If I was brain_rinse, I would have had more to say to someone who failed to show their importance based on being a moderator on another Bulletin Board.

Very well put.

sandm
02-02-2010, 01:31 PM
gosh, haven't been on the supra forums for months. hate to say it, but I have learned more and enjoyed the conversations more on this board than anything ever went on with the supra forums.. seems that the majority of the supra boards are dedicated to fixing/restoring the older ski boats and the moomba forums delve more into wakeboarding/surfing..
it is nice to see those on here trying to help fix a problem rather than pointing blame and joining the bashing.

I will disagree with the involvement and speed at which skiers jumps into this board to solve problems, and seems that when problems show up on here, they don't get involved until it's a critical issue. personally though, if they were involved daily/hourly, they take the dealer involvement partially away and could undermine them when trying to problem solve, and takes time away from designing the new boats/features we all want to drool over :) skiers seems to have just the right presence on here. not too much, and not completely removed..