PDA

View Full Version : Krypt 6.5 HLCD Speaker

mobyatBelews
01-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Has anyone heard or have any experience with the Krypt 6.5 HLCD tower speaker. They seem to be going for less than $200 on ebay. Seems like a great deal for a HLCD speaker...

you da man
01-16-2010, 06:32 PM
A few members on here have them and like them very well. Then again, a few of us went with Bullet Hollow Point 770's when they were 40% off a couple months ago.

sailing217
01-18-2010, 11:23 AM
From a thread on WW, those are knockoffs and not the same quality.

you da man
01-18-2010, 09:06 PM
From a thread on WW, those are knockoffs and not the same quality.

I didn't want to bring up that sore subject.

EarmarkMarine
01-20-2010, 03:09 PM
For anyone considering Krypt Audio products you might want to first read this thread:

Caveat-Emptor-specials (http://www.centurioncrew.com/Caveat-Emptor-specials-t1830.html)

sandm
01-20-2010, 06:13 PM
interesting read. this has been going on for years in the import car scene and it really seems to those posting in the centurion website that it's a new thing. companies called buschur racing and AMS both make parts for the mitsu evolutions. both have a ton of time in r&d and market research. as soon as a new part hits the market, the "chinese" knockoffs show up on ebay, usually within 30-45 days. there are obvious differences in the quality, but the overall look of the parts is the same, just like the issues with bullet and krypt speakers. buschur has been fighting this issue for over 10 years.
if the bullet speakers are that much better(disclaimer, it's what I bought from earmark and haven't ever seen/heard krypt), they will sell on their merits(as they did for me). it's apparent already that ken from bulletlines has some questionable information around the net, so it really boils down to those doing their due dilligence prior to purchasing(again, nothing against bulletlines, just some questionable complaints that made me look elsewhere).

if there are some issues with how bulletlines obtained the speakers, then bullet should be all over the legal aspects of it, or not complain, and at the end of the day, the superior product will win out, both in terms of customer service and quality of the product.

you da man
01-21-2010, 12:47 AM
interesting read. this has been going on for years in the import car scene and it really seems to those posting in the centurion website that it's a new thing. companies called buschur racing and AMS both make parts for the mitsu evolutions. both have a ton of time in r&d and market research. as soon as a new part hits the market, the "chinese" knockoffs show up on ebay, usually within 30-45 days. there are obvious differences in the quality, but the overall look of the parts is the same, just like the issues with bullet and krypt speakers. buschur has been fighting this issue for over 10 years.
if the bullet speakers are that much better(disclaimer, it's what I bought from earmark and haven't ever seen/heard krypt), they will sell on their merits(as they did for me). it's apparent already that ken from bulletlines has some questionable information around the net, so it really boils down to those doing their due dilligence prior to purchasing(again, nothing against bulletlines, just some questionable complaints that made me look elsewhere).

if there are some issues with how bulletlines obtained the speakers, then bullet should be all over the legal aspects of it, or not complain, and at the end of the day, the superior product will win out, both in terms of customer service and quality of the product.

I agree. I also got mine from Earmark and drove 3 hrs just to hear them in person and to get David's opinion on what I should and could do with my 08 XLV. I'm looking forward to dropping off my boat in the near future with Earmark. Maybe David could do a video of my boat with the Bullet Hollow Points HLCD to share with members here. On a side note, their have been other questionable issues with Krypt and other products that are deceptively similiar. If people have speaker issues with the Krypt version, looks like you may be out of luck on warranty

jmvotto
01-22-2010, 11:37 AM
David,

Thanks for the update. I was actually watching the ebay auctions as well as the wakeworld post (long but informative and entertaining to some degree). I wish I had the extra 450 to buy them ( bullet hollow points) If i can get a knock off for 150 then i should understand you get what you pay for.( ie. service, warranty, tech help etc.)

I am not sure i see the difference in this scenario from others buying from authorized resellers and the grey markets. We have all saved money from either place and we have all weighed the risks on customer service policies. Personally i paid for my JL amp from crutchfeild and could have got it chepaer on ebay,etc. but i know and trust their service.

This happens to golf club manufacturer all the time, Callaway tends to legally shut them down and destroy inventory based on legal injunctions. (much smaller companies are involved here so word of mouth and blogs seem to have done there job)

my .02

sorry for the extra long windedness.

PS love to see a bullet Hollow points 40% sale again. That might just price Ken right out of the market.

newty
01-23-2010, 02:08 AM
Is earmark selling these again at 40% off now? I'm really leaning toward these HLCDs.

jmvotto
01-23-2010, 09:43 AM
David? Well? Are they? Can we? Please?

sandm
01-25-2010, 08:06 AM
if he does put them back on sale and you are in the market, the bullets are awesome. I have only garage tested mine, but they sound fantastic..

you da man
01-25-2010, 01:04 PM
if he does put them back on sale and you are in the market, the bullets are awesome. I have only garage tested mine, but they sound fantastic..

I'm still looking at my 4 Hollow Point 770's in my spare bedroom.

EarmarkMarine
01-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Sure, we'll do a special. Just email me when you're interested.

David
Earmark Marine
[email protected]

newty
01-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks Dave will do! I have to build my mad money back up again.