PDA

View Full Version : stereo

bama3300
05-21-2004, 08:00 PM
have a few stereo questions about our 2004 moomba outback. i havent gotten the chance to take a look at our new boat yet, havent got out of school for summer yet, but i have some questions about the stock stereo system. i'd like to put the clarion marine cd player in, not sure what ours came with, also would like to put a set of component speakers under the driver and passenger side, currently i have a 10" jlw6 sitting in a custom box, but someone said it wouldnt be worth putting in the boat because you wouldnt be able to pick up as much bass, i'm sure its not gonna sound as good as in a car/truck, but some advice, experience from you guys to if it would be worth it or not would help. thanks. matt

Yellowmobius
05-22-2004, 08:29 PM
I have a 10" sub and 6-6inch round Alpines with two kicker towerspeakers. The SUB IS WORTH IT it REALLY ADDS!!!!

lowdrag
05-23-2004, 12:34 AM
I talked to a guy I know that runs a local stereo place. They've done numerous boat installs. I asked him about subs and he told me that subs in a boat tend to work really well and put out a lot more than the equivalent installation in a car.

MEDIC151
05-23-2004, 02:19 PM
You definately need an amplifier. It will take the bass out of the stock speakers and put in the sub. That will keep distortion down on the stock speakers and make them your midrange and tweeters. I put 10" sub under the drivers side with a 650 watt amp and 2 cage speakers for a total of nine.

Medic

BOOM-BA
05-24-2004, 02:06 PM
I have a kamberra and it came with a Kenwood cd player. My buddy bought his new mobius and it came with a kenwood cd/mp3 player as well. All the moomba's I have seen in the Houston area have all been sold with a Kenwood. I had a custom box made to fit under the front drivers side seat and the back wall under the dash. the 12" sub fires down and the port on the box is a 3" pvc tube approx. 18" long blowing towrds the front of the boat. I get wicked bass. The 1200 watt amp is turned all the way down and the stereo bass control is turned all down. I had a bass control knob installed to control bass. The bass seems to be more amplified in a boat, if done correctly, than a car.
You probably have a kenwood with your new boat. I do find myself tightening some screw in the dash, glove box, ski locker, etc.. often.