PDA

View Full Version : Austin boat show

you da man
01-15-2010, 01:24 AM
Just went to the Austin Boat Show. Today was the first day and I went early trying to maybe find some discounts on leftover surfboards. Actually got 20% off the new 2010 Ronix Cortez surfboard. It's going to be the boat board so I figured it was a good deal for a durable board. While only having my new XLV for a couple months, seeing the Mastercrafts (X-45, X-55, X-Star) and the Malibu 247 LSV made me very jealous. However, seeing the price tags didn't. They had a 2010 Super Air Nautique (non-Team Edition) discounted with a big sign "$12,500 off". Then they had the discounted price below marked at $68,950. That's an $81,000 boat? I don't get it. However, I'm still drooling over the Centurion Enzo 240...that thing is a beast and I can see why it puts out a huge surf wake. Moomba/Supra dealer (South Austin Marine) had probably the largest area of the convention center. I believe they had at least one of each model of Moomba and Supra and had them on rollers low on the floor so it was easy to see into the boats. Overall, very nice boat show...nice bar setup. Lots of vendors but was disappointed in that not one of the local surf companies in Austin had a display, especially ASC Surfboards.

jimmobius
01-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Just left the Denver boat show here in Colorado. It was good to see and talk to Bill from RMBCO where I bought my Moomba. I wandered around to look at other wakeboard boats different brands. I did see a $93k price tag on a Malibu? I paid $79k for my house 21 years ago! I do appreciate my Moomba and it does the job for me while not breaking the bank .

Sled491
01-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Before I go to the boat show, I have to give my wife all my credit cards and any ID that I could use to sign a contract with, that way we don't end up with a new toy that she didn't agree to, say a new 40 ft cruiser or another ski boat :D

jonnydeez
01-21-2010, 03:16 PM
I went to the Austin Boat show on Saturday and picked up a pair of Wetsounds Pro 60's from South Austin Marine for 40% off. I could'nt pass it up. Can't wait to get the boat back on the water....2 more months.....

you da man
01-21-2010, 11:12 PM
I went to the Austin Boat show on Saturday and picked up a pair of Wetsounds Pro 60's from South Austin Marine for 40% off. I could'nt pass it up. Can't wait to get the boat back on the water....2 more months.....

Wow, that's a great deal. Never seen Wetsounds go on sale like that.