PDA

View Full Version : Work...the ***UNOFFICIAL complain page***

WaterBullDawg1980
01-14-2010, 12:11 AM
I was just thinking that we should have an optional board saying what everyone does and furthermore the complaints they have currently about the job. No need to mention company names. :)

Whatcha guys got?

I could start off.....I am tired of working 3-4 hours every night when I get home AFTER my 8-5.

Sorry I need to vent a tad.

h2oskierrick
01-14-2010, 01:43 AM
I was just thinking that we should have an optional board saying what everyone does and furthermore the complanits they have currently about the job. No need to mention company names. :)

Whatcha guys got?

I could start off.....I am tired of working 3-4 hours every night when I get home AFTER my 8-5.

Sorry I need to vent a tad.

I agree with the extra work from home, my biggest beef is babysitting 31 highly paid (over paid) adults who act like middle schoolers who don't think they really need to work to earn a paycheck! just my 2 cents.

sandm
01-14-2010, 07:30 AM
I guess I could try to bitch, but here goes...
I'm tired of my job that pays me relatively well, work barely 40hrs/wk, NEVER take work home, don't work weekends nor nights, get 5 weeks of vacation a year, and with my new schedule rolling out in feb, work 1/2 day fridays in april, may june and july....
hmmm....

I actually really like my job. I do agree with h2oskierrick though. I have 30 direct reports currently and around 45 from august to november and it does suck babysitting adults..

BensonWdby
01-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Sandm - You must spend all year writing reviews and conducting 1-1 meetings ..

sandm
01-14-2010, 12:16 PM
nah, review time comes once a year in may. can write most in 1-2 hrs and have all month to do. I manage shipping/receiving in a retail warehouse, so the reviews are not that hard to do. 1-1 meetings are done more with the 5 hourly supervisors I have. I only really get involved in discipline in meetings.
spend most of the time making sure we are running operationally, staffing needs are met and communication is happening with the storage and picking departments within the 4 walls, and ensuring morale is up.

it's a good job. pay could be better, but hasn't forced me to leave yet :)

kaneboats
01-14-2010, 12:23 PM
I am very grateful that I am fortunate enough to be employed. I work at home so I have no commute and get time to do volunteer work and coach the kids' teams. Some of the little technology snafus can be annoying but I work a small group of very professional people who are good at what they do so they are easy to get along with. I really don't complain very much about work.

maxpower220
01-14-2010, 07:08 PM
My TPS reports are due every Thurs. It seems that my bosses want to change to format every month. They are big on sending Memos through email; sometimes I just don't read those memos.
To top it off, someone continues to steal my stapler (the one I bought) and the copy machine always shows "jammed" when it is not jammed.

Wait, I think that was a movie that I saw.

It is hard to complain when your job is teaching students how to fly aerobatics when the government is paying for the plane, the gas, and paycheck.

WaterBullDawg1980
01-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Classic!

I shouldnt really complain either. But it is frustrating working for a company so large, that it is hard to make a dent in philosophy unless you are Director level. Maybe in 3-4 years I can get there and start cracking some heads. :)

Until then....I'll keep reaping the benefits of being in sales. Luckily I sell a product/solution that is not going anywhere soon.

jimmobius
01-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Ok , I work less than half the year, ( including 5 weeks vacation and paid holidays) , am well compensated for working a maintenance position, and get free beer every month!! Guess where I work...
Jim.

deerfield
01-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Guess where I work...

Coors brewing?

WaterBullDawg1980
01-16-2010, 11:55 AM
Ok , I work less than half the year, ( including 5 weeks vacation and paid holidays) , am well compensated for working a maintenance position, and get free beer every month!! Guess where I work...
Jim.

You are living the dream Jim! Keep it alive! KEEP IT ALIVE FOR ALL OF US DREAMERS! :)

I do have a client who supplies their employees with a "beer cart day" once a month. It is on Friday at 3-4 and they literally have a budget (over $500) once a month. Its the craziest thing I have ever seen. They were based in Atlanta but were bought by corporation in Toronto who is apparently letting this tradition slide.

Must be nice.

jimmobius
01-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Sounds too good to be true doesn't it? I have been at it for 3 years now (22 with the company). The free beer every month (3 cases) is a nice benefit , I always seem to make it last till the next month. The work schedule is 4 days on and 4 days off , rotating from days to graveyard every 2 rotations, 12hour shifts. Miller Coors is the place.
Jim.

deerfield
01-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Oh yeah and the banks can get off there high horses anytime soon, there killing me:( No offence Deerfield.

Sled - None taken. I understand. But I do want to share that in 2009, the bank for which I work extended $760 billion in new credit, including $12 billion to small business customers. During the same 12-month period the bank assisted 1.5 million customers with the purchase or refinance of a home and more than 400,000 customers modify their loan to avoid foreclosure. Banks, including mine, have made some bad decisions, but there is this side of the story too. - Deerfield

h2oskierrick
01-19-2010, 11:07 PM
After having a pretty lousy day when I posted about babysitting adults I got to thinking, yup I still hate having to baby sit, however, I get six weeks paid time off, nice 401K, excellent medical and very good pay and I do like my job! And having friends and family that are out of work I am grateful for my job!!

tazz3069
01-20-2010, 11:00 PM
I am with Sled. I control everything. My only complaint is that there is a big lack of communication between contractors. Also dealing with designers that have no idea what the hell they are doing. It seems because of these tough times, people become contractors or wan-a-be contractors. These people need to leave it to the experts and no one will get hurt.

WaterBullDawg1980
01-21-2010, 12:21 AM
After having a pretty lousy day when I posted about babysitting adults I got to thinking, yup I still hate having to baby sit, however, I get six weeks paid time off, nice 401K, excellent medical and very good pay and I do like my job! And having friends and family that are out of work I am grateful for my job!!

Your right. All of us with solid places of employment should be very grateful.

It could be a LOT worse, that is fact.

rdlangston13
11-29-2010, 11:08 AM
I do not have many complaints about my job. It has it's ups and downs, working only 6 months a year is definitely and up! However not getting to really choose what days you don't work can be annoying, a lot of missed holidays and birthdays gets old.

the offshore GOM oil patch used to be real secure employment until the president got involved. Now I am working in off the coast of egypt every other month and took a pay cut to be here. oh well, i guess i will rack up alot of frequent flier miles! get to go home in 3 days !!!!

saskyrider
11-30-2010, 05:43 PM
wellll. i work in the Agriculture industry and i enjoy my job but.... dealing with farmers can get pretty frustrating at times... I do understand that they are working in one of the most volatile industries there is... however it get annoying when a customer asks me if i'll give him price protection on his fall fertilizer purchase in case it drops in the spring! I've started saying sure but if the wheat price in the same time rises you have to pay me the difference on that price as well then! that usually ends that line of thinking. This year was very trying due to record amounts of rainfall, and it will affect the seedable acres next spring as well....

On the other side of the coin... i get 4 weeks of holidays, and have an understanding boss that knows the amount of overtime i put in during seeding and spraying season and lets me sneak away during july and august for a day here and there to make up for it...