PDA

View Full Version : What music do you listen to

polar21
01-08-2010, 04:40 PM
What music do you listen to when you ride? It depends on what type of mood I am in for me. Sometimes I will ride to some cheesy New Found Glory/Fall Out Boy/All Time Low if I am in a skater kind of mood. If I in a chill/want to carve it up mood, I will throw on some 311/Incubus/etc. I will also sometimes throw on some rap instrumentals. How about you?

Jeff W
01-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Usually varies with who is on the boat. If it's "Bro Day" it'll be bro music - Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, etc.

If it's friends "party day" we change it up with top 40 hip hop and some smooth sounds - 311, Passion Pit, Bob Marley, etc.

Music sounds the best on the boat. Beer tastes better on the boat. Boating > *

Hillbilly
01-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Everything from Kid Rock to Jay-z to George Strait....I am hooked on mashups right now. I've been known to listen to all kinds of music on the boat. And whenever a different rider is up I let them play what they want.

kaneboats
01-09-2010, 01:26 AM
It really depends on whether me or my 15 y/o daughter is at the helm. If it's my stuff it's almost all classic rock with some 80's mixed in (qualifies as classic now right?). If it's her I can't tell you exactly what it is but I actually don't mind some of it.

sandm
01-09-2010, 10:31 AM
^ I detect some sarchasm toward the king of orchestra.. my great great aunt has been friends with Lawrence Welk's daughter, Donna Mack, for more than 40 years. They talk frequently(Donna lives in Montana, so not much visiting anymore), so we have a special place in our family for the godfather of polka. There will be no bashing here :)

ah one and ah two, now back on topic....

moombadaze
01-09-2010, 11:44 AM
If Im in control --hair bands of the 80's

If the kid is in control--did I just say that--its Hanna Montana type

If the wife is in control--I have no idea what im listning to at that point --but i learned not to complain as she lets me use her boat:D

yearround
01-09-2010, 09:53 PM
We are actually watching Lawrence welk right now!!!! Having a grand time laughing at lot of things. The turle necks really big collors dresses that look like night gowns.

Any way my choice of boat music is Jimmy buffet, reggae, but like Kane says, if my kids gets the controls I really don't know what it is.

iwakeboard
01-10-2010, 12:07 AM
I've got something like 8 mix-disc CD's for jammin on the boat, it has everything from Bone Thugs N' Harmony to Minus the Bear (my personal fave lake music).

tazz3069
01-11-2010, 11:06 PM
It really depends on whether me or my 15 y/o daughter is at the helm. If it's my stuff it's almost all classic rock with some 80's mixed in (qualifies as classic now right?). If it's her I can't tell you exactly what it is but I actually don't mind some of it.
I agree If I am paying attention to the radio, My ipod in in there. It ranges from Metallica, Pink Floyd, 3 Days Grace, and Linkin Park.

If I do not pay attention, my son puts in his Ipod. OMG what that hell is that jungle music they listen too. I thought the stuff that my crew and I listen too was bad, my sons stuff is from a different something. There really is no words to describe it. I guess I ned to pull my pants down past my arse, do not wash my hair for a month, and have a crappy attitude to understand some of the music now a days.
Tazz

moombadaze
01-12-2010, 08:07 AM
If I do not pay attention, my son puts in his Ipod. OMG what that hell is that jungle music they listen too. I thought the stuff that my crew and I listen too was bad, my sons stuff is from a different something. There really is no words to describe it. I guess I ned to pull my pants down past my arse, do not wash my hair for a month, and have a crappy attitude to understand some of the music now a days.
Tazz

Just spit my soda out on the keyboard laughing my ass off.

Razzman
01-12-2010, 10:16 AM
I run a 30gb ipod with over 3,500 songs, only time a cd has seen the HU is when it's been in the driveway. I've got a mix of everything on it from old time rock to the latest pop stuff, something for everybody but i draw the line at the rap crap, not on my boat!

tazz3069
01-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Just spit my soda out on the keyboard laughing my ass off.

Nice
i am putting together a new list of approved songs for the moomba.

flex
01-13-2010, 04:40 PM
they still make CD's.

country music is not allowed in the boat, except for leann rimes; she is smoking hot!! everything else is good to go.

kaneboats
01-14-2010, 12:29 PM
I think I'd be tempted to let Shania or Faith in the boat too, provided they were dressed properly.

jmvotto
01-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Never have played a cd in the boat.

two ipods, anything goes, the wife spins the best tunes from hair nation, to classic rock, Kid Rock, some country, old school hip hop and the teanagers get their says as well.

Tazz, that was pretty funny as well, guess were getin old when were saying, what the "hell is this crap the kids are listening too these days"

flex
01-19-2010, 04:33 PM
I would have to make an exception for them too. in fact, i would kick everyone out of the boat to make accomodations.

the opening of sunday nigh football with faith hill, damn!!