PDA

View Full Version : cwb board and bindings

gus 08 mobius lsv
01-06-2010, 10:47 PM
ok i looked at the post of boards ya all ride and i didn't see anyone that uses a cwb pure. anyone fimiliar with this board or what its capable of. also the hinge bindings i have them on my snowboard and love em and wouldn't use anything but now i have them. is it the same way on a wakeboard ? i just wonder why not more people on here use them and why cwb seems to be the only company to make them. since its the off season i got a lot of time till i need to get one so i'm looking on a deals from 09 models and just tryin to reseach the best i can. any and all info would be great ...thanks guys

Hillbilly
01-07-2010, 03:19 AM
My friend rides the Pure and he loves it ! I'm thinking about trying 1 out if I can get a hold of one cheap enough.

I also love the hinge bindings.....Super easy in and out of my Answers.

gus 08 mobius lsv
01-07-2010, 12:28 PM
the pure 141 is what i was looking hard at. seems to be right down the alley of most my friends and family. we are beginners behind a wakeboard boat but wanna have a board that lets us get better and still keep the center fin for stability i think.

i think this board comes with torq bindings... that would be pretty similiar to your answers right?
check out www.evogear.com its the cheapest i've found so far they are 325 i think overtons has a factory blemished for like 275 in the newest mag i got from them!

Hillbilly
01-07-2010, 01:10 PM
The Faction boot is a step below the Answer I think(but very close). Faction might just have more flex to them.

My friend that rides the Pure is an Outlaw caliber rider so it can definitely grow with you.

I like the Marius because of it's continuous rocker. But a lot of people can't get used to how wide it is and think it is a tank.

Hillbilly
01-07-2010, 01:26 PM
My bad the Answer and Faction are the same height and stiffness, Only difference would be Faction is open toe and Answer is closed toe.

I love my closed toe when in colder months(like New Years day in the rain)

gus 08 mobius lsv
01-07-2010, 05:10 PM
ok thanks for your input. i was pretty set on that board and liked those bindings cause i had a lot of success with them on my snowboard. btw the bindings on that board are the torq bindings not fraction if i recall right! but none the less they are open toe ...not sure i could use to the closed toe ones

Hillbilly
01-07-2010, 05:57 PM
The Torq are a lower end binding, Just not as stiff I would imagine.

I thought I would have an issue getting used to closed toe also. But after 2 yrs I love them. I think you can't go wrong with the package your looking at, And if you can save some money that makes it all good.

I used to always buy the previous year boards and save a bunch of $. Now I've made enough friends through INT contests I have a few decent hook ups and I can get Shiny New Stuff....lol. But I still ride the 08 Answers because I like the looks of them the best. I might try the new AA boots for 2010 because they are all black, But I hear they are a stiff boot and I prefer a little give.

Jeff W
01-07-2010, 08:01 PM
The Pure is a GREAT shape. Everyone loves that shape. You can ride it on your first day and you can ride it 5 years later. It's commonly matched with the Torq binding but that is a low-mid level binding. Combined with the Zeus binding - the Pure is a great set up.

I have an 09' CWB Transcend Platinum and I couldn't love it more. I skipped the Zeus bindings and went with the Ronix Cells purely because they are SO light and super stiff. With the ease of the Hinge comes a small (but worth it) weight increase.

Dont question it. The pure is a great board.

Jeff W
01-07-2010, 08:02 PM
ok thanks for your input. i was pretty set on that board and liked those bindings cause i had a lot of success with them on my snowboard. btw the bindings on that board are the torq bindings not fraction if i recall right! but none the less they are open toe ...not sure i could use to the closed toe ones

there is no difference in open toe vs. closed toe. I thought there would be - but there isn't. your toes stay warmer in the spring/fall - thats it.

I'd advise the 09' Zeus binding but the Torq will serve you well also.

gus 08 mobius lsv
01-07-2010, 10:47 PM
jeff, hillybilly thanks for all your input! i could care less what year it is really i'm kinda looking to save a little cash what design i like best and 09 pure is better looking then 10 model in my opinion. money never use to be an issue but with a boat purchase and all the toys and upgrades on my boat gotta watch what i spend so i can get more!
i have plenty of time so i'll keep my eyes peeled on ebay and other sites for the zeus bindings and pure board thanks again guys

New Guy
01-08-2010, 10:50 AM
I have a 141 pure and I love it. The only thing is after some summers in the sun the board will not be white anymore it turns a yellow shade. Yellow and all I love it.

Hillbilly
01-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Yeah I hear you on the $$$ thing, I can't believe how much I have wrapped up into my stupid stereo. Don't get me wrong it's loud as all heck but when I'm riding I usually just don't even notice it...lol. I think I would rather have the $$$ for new boards and bindings to play with...lol.

Jeff W
01-08-2010, 04:47 PM
jeff, hillybilly thanks for all your input! i could care less what year it is really i'm kinda looking to save a little cash what design i like best and 09 pure is better looking then 10 model in my opinion. money never use to be an issue but with a boat purchase and all the toys and upgrades on my boat gotta watch what i spend so i can get more!
i have plenty of time so i'll keep my eyes peeled on ebay and other sites for the zeus bindings and pure board thanks again guys

Get the 09 Pure/Torq set up. That will last you two summers til you're ready to step up.

sailing217
01-12-2010, 10:25 AM
I have an 08' faction setup and Love the hinge, but damn it's a heavy setup. Someone else said the board was wide and I agree. Not my favorite setup and I've ridden about a half dozen boards and going with a slingshot setup next.

Hinge are so comfy and easy to get out of I'm going to use them for the cable park.

Hillbilly
01-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Yeah the older Faction boards were really heavy.

You can also go to CWB.com and look in the closeout section, They have a bunch of older boards and package deals you can choose from.

jamie_abb
01-29-2010, 05:09 PM
I also have the pure but I took the 2.5" center skater fin off and replaced it with a .75". Its a lot easier to get to board slide without em....and you really should be edging your turns

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-01-2010, 06:30 PM
I also have the pure but I took the 2.5" center skater fin off and replaced it with a .75". Its a lot easier to get to board slide without em....and you really should be edging your turns

does it come with different fins or gotta purchase them seperately? do they just bolt on or what

yearround
02-01-2010, 08:31 PM
does it come with different fins or gotta purchase them seperately? do they just bolt on or what

i just bought a 134 pure with faction boots, it was used, a little bit of yellow on the once white, great outline ofthe boots. The guy gave me skater 1.9" fins with the board. i bought the board for my kids and other teenage riders, but i really like the boots. the fins do bolt on quite easily, just a single phillips screw.