PDA

View Full Version : Boat Show

jbheuerman
01-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Anybody going to the Chicago Boat Show next weekend? I usually go to the one in St. Louis, but was thinking about trying the one in Chicago this year too. Is there much difference in either one, or is the Chicago one just a bit bigger?

kaneboats
01-06-2010, 02:35 PM
I think Deerfield said he's going. Sled?

deerfield
01-06-2010, 04:27 PM
JB - Skiers Choice will be at the Chicago show. Dealer on site at the show will be Lauderdale Lakes Marina. I am reaching out to the Lauderdale sales manager to get info on the booth schedule, as I'd like to get a group picture of factory as well as sales people. Will then decide which day I'll be going to the show. My oldest may also attend, depending on the schedule. - Deerfield

skiyaker
01-06-2010, 04:32 PM
I'll be a the Chicago show with my family on the 16th. We go to the Indy show every year (that's where I first met my Moomba) but haven't ever been to the Chicago show- maybe I'll see some of you there!

jmvotto
01-06-2010, 06:03 PM
The Rochester, NY Boat will be, 2/05/10( Superbowl weekend) which i enjoyed immensley last couple years. i will be skiing near Buffalo that weekend so I will attend the buffalo NY show later in the season 04 /10.

Sorry Razzman we have two.:rolleyes:

Sled491
01-06-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm planning on going to the Milwaukee show next weekend. I may hit the Minneapolis one as well as I have some business that way that I can be flexible with. I have meetings in Chicago as well, but no plans to stay and attend.

Deerfield, heading to the lake house this weekend to stay out. Some skating on the rink I made on the lake, some ice fishing, etc. If you get bored and remeber the way come out for a hot chocolate and a visit.

deerfield
01-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Deerfield, heading to the lake house this weekend to stay out. Some skating on the rink I made on the lake, some ice fishing, etc. If you get bored and remeber the way come out for a hot chocolate and a visit.

Sled - Saturday is a swim meet and Sunday I drive my son back to IU (semester starts Monday). Weekend after is the Chicago boat show. But.....you know I'm game. So.....I'm hoping for another invite. Road trip w/ my Toyota Highlander and Lynyrd Skynyrd! - Deerfield

deerfield
01-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Anybody going to the Chicago Boat Show next weekend? I usually go to the one in St. Louis, but was thinking about trying the one in Chicago this year too. Is there much difference in either one, or is the Chicago one just a bit bigger?

JB - Chicago generally is pretty big. Last year (I think) was the first time it was consolidated from two floors to one. Have never been to St. Louis so can't make the comparison. I know from speaking with the show manager that Sea Ray will not be at the show this year, so makes me wonder about other lines taking a pass due to budget constraints and a weak market. - Deerfield

deerfield
01-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Have decided to go to the Chicago show on Saturday the 16th. Plan to be there for the 10:00 a.m. opening and spend a couple of hours. Hoping to get a group photo of the Skiers Choice reps and Lauderdale Lakes Marina team. Inside McCormick Placer located right near the entrance to the show is a Starbucks. Good place to meet up if others are planning to be there. JB? Skilaker?? Sled???

Sled491
01-07-2010, 12:24 AM
I would love to, but don't count on me, sorry.

jbheuerman
01-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Deerfield - Don't know if I'm going to make it yet...but I'll def let you know if I come up.

skiyaker
01-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Deerfield- I'm definitely planning on going weather permitting but I'm not sure what time yet- hopefully by noon but I'm 3-4h away so that could be variable.