PDA

View Full Version : Mobius XLV color

Jrod06
05-18-2004, 10:16 PM
Were getting ready to order a Mobius XLV and still get to pick the color because it hasnt been painted yet. I was wondering what everybody's opinion on the best coloer is.

waterboy
05-19-2004, 04:21 AM
Well, there's no single answer to this one, but here's my 2 cents. My wife picked out a yellow Outback LS when we went shopping a couple of years ago. I wanted to get a blue one, but the yellow started to grow on me. There weren't a lot of yellow boats around at the time, so it seemed a little unique which was cool with me. I realized that the yellow would also be a bonus under the Florida sun as it would not oxidize as quickly as a dark color would, so we bought it. I keep it waxed, and it still looks brand new after 3 years.

Good luck with your color choice, here's a pic of mine.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tufani59/detail?.dir=/My+Photos&.dnm=on+Lake+Louisa.jpg

Brian

Yellowmobius
05-19-2004, 08:14 AM
I love the Yellow! That new orange is pretty bold as well.

jburnside
05-19-2004, 01:05 PM
jrod,
I saw a red and black XLV on wakeboarder.com that looked incredible. Also the brittany blue and black combo looks great too. What ever you choose will be good, I don't think you can make that boat look bad. Good luck.

SkiKY
05-19-2004, 01:19 PM
I would also add to consider going with the platinum as the base color instead of white. The platinum looks almost white in sunlight and makes the boat look classier by not having that blinding in-your-face stark white.

waterboy
05-19-2004, 06:03 PM
YELLOW! YELLOW!

;)

Although I have to admit Ed's boat looks pretty sweet. Hey Ed, have you checked out the tarzan swing on Lake Susan yet? We tried it yesterday and had a blast, but we didn't have the camera with us. I'll put up a pic next time. We went to the slalom course yesterday and Mary Ellen made it halfway....she got around the 3 ball. She was so stoked. We go on vacation next weekend to NY and when we come back it'd be nice to get together on a Sunday. How early do you go out?

Brian

MartyC
05-20-2004, 09:57 AM
I have to vote for yellow as well. I was not so sure about it at first but now I love it. I think a ski/wakeboard boat should be a fun color. I get a lot of comments about how good the yellow looks on the water.

stephend
05-20-2004, 10:05 AM
Ed G.
Can you post a pic of your black and platinum boat? I just ordered a Mobius LS, and havent picked the color yet. I was thinking that combination might look good.
Also, anyone have a pic of Fossil or Granite? Those are the other two colors Im considering.
Thanks,
Steve D.

waterboy
05-20-2004, 02:58 PM
Ed,
Did you check out my previous post after it was edited?

Brian

waterboy
05-21-2004, 05:00 AM
You know that subdivision Lake Susan Landing? At the end of the street, on the side where no houses have been built yet. There's a group of cypress trees and one leans out over the water. You can't miss it....besides the rope there's steps nailed to it, all the way to the top. The water's about 8-10 feet deep where you land. Pretty cool.

When we take a Sunday off, we'll let you know and meet you out on the lake.

Brian