PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed Plz!!!

wakeborderboi
12-25-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm currently after a new wake boarding boat and I came across a 2007 Moomba Mobius XLV 23 for a very generous price! Being located in the UK I require the boat to have a CE plate, and the seller of this boat is claiming the boat has one, and has sent me a picture of a CE plate, but I have a suspicious feeling he has just pulled it off the net.

To be on the safe side, I would be extremely grateful if there is an owner of a Mobius XLV who has a CE plate on there boat could send me a picture so I can compare.

p.s for people who don't know what a CE plate is it's, basically a licence that the boat requires to be imported from the States into Europe.

Thanks

mmandley
12-26-2009, 09:55 AM
HI there Wakeborerboi.

I really dont think anyone here is going to do that for you. I know i wouldnt send my boat vin numbers to anyone on the net.

What you can do is take the picture he sent you and call any Marina type shop or registration place. You can even email RickT on here. I'm sure someone can verify if the numbers you have are an authentic boat or not.

cab13367
12-26-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm currently after a new wake boarding boat and I came across a 2007 Moomba Mobius XLV 23 for a very generous price! Being located in the UK I require the boat to have a CE plate, and the seller of this boat is claiming the boat has one, and has sent me a picture of a CE plate, but I have a suspicious feeling he has just pulled it off the net.

To be on the safe side, I would be extremely grateful if there is an owner of a Mobius XLV who has a CE plate on there boat could send me a picture so I can compare.

p.s for people who don't know what a CE plate is it's, basically a licence that the boat requires to be imported from the States into Europe.

Thanks

Wouldn't there be some documentation associated with acquiring this CE plate? I would ask him to scan and e-mail those documents to you.

Be careful with long distance purchases - I would hate to see you or anyone else get scammed.

Al

RobertJ
01-04-2010, 02:40 AM
Wakeboardboi, as you are aware the CE certification is a voluntary 3rd party certification that a device (in this case a boat) meets safety standards set by a UK governing body. This is similar to a UL certification in the States. Your question will best be directed to Skiers Choice and I am sure they would be happy to answer it. The CE certication is costly and certainly be a choice of a manufacturer if they wanted to do business in the U.K.. If SC has achieved CE certification on the brand or line you are looking for you really should need nothing more then their certification letter or documents. I would not trust any other source for this type of certification (I would not trust a picture from a private seller)

The issue I could still see being a problem would be if the boat has been modified after original purchase. You could always hire a Comany in the states such as, TUV Rheinland, to verify continued CE compliance with the boat since its original purchase. I bet the cost would be quite high though.

Good Luck

superfet
01-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Hi there
When I imported my boat to Sweden I was in the same position as you (I bought my boat new from a authorised seller in Netherlands). The CE marking is really difficult I was in contact with all the different Swedish authorites. They all said that if the boat was not correctly CE marked it would be a dead product on the Swedish market and hard to insure, I contacted different insucrance companies of what would happen if the boat was not correctly CE marked, the answer they gave me was that they would insure it anyway. To CE mark a boat aftermarket would cost abot 6000 English pounds. The rules regarding CE says that the person that firstly takes in a boat within the European Union will be responsible of the boat, It means that even if you sell the boat to another person you will be liable. I contacted my seller in Netherlands and he sent copies of how the boat would be documented, it was tb-boten I bought my boat from and they were supergreat to make businnes with. I have not the papers at home but can check it out of wich papers I got with the boat.

After getting the boat to Sweden I was going to install a Trackme GPS in the boat and the company that was going to do it directly checked if the boat was correctly CE marked. If it would not have been in the system they would not have touched it. So there would be no problems in taking the numbers he sent you via mail and ask somebody to check out if it is correctly CE marked.