PDA

View Full Version : Need help....

polar21
12-23-2009, 10:20 PM
So I am out riding today (63 air temp, have no clue what water temp was) and just started doing my thing. I bust and happen to look down to see that I have lost a binding screw (the bolt that connect binding to board). CRAP! So I tie the boat up at the marina and luckily I had an extra one at the house. I ditch the trailer and head back to the house and grab the extra one. Start my first pass and make a couple of jumps and catch an edge and bust. I look down and the other binding is loose and one of the bolts came off! So, does anyone know where to get/order these things from or what they are called? The surf shops here in Pensacola do not carry wakeboard stuff.

yearround
12-23-2009, 10:53 PM
you could take one and go to the hardware store and get a stainless screw the same size, or call performance ski tomorrow and tell them what you need, they could have one out to you in an over night thing. my quick suggestion, but i am jealous that you could get on the water.

BensonWdby
12-24-2009, 12:12 AM
You can prevent this self-extraction (once get the new ones) with some Loctite. Just maked sure you get the kind that allows you to loosen the bolt.

http://www.loctite.com/welcome-to-loctite-12165.htm

polar21
12-24-2009, 11:13 AM
I thought about going the hardware store route and might ultimately do that. I had forgotten about Worst Marine (West Marine) carrying wakeboard stuff and someone on a fishing forum mentioned that they had the bolts I needed, so I might go and check them out after Christmas.

As far as being able to ride, I was wearing a 5/7mm wetsuit and neoprene gloves and it wasnt bad at all. However, we have had alot of rain here lately, and the current was moving every bit of 5-6knts, so that made things interesting. Thanks for the replies/suggestions.