PDA

View Full Version : looking

barefooter
10-22-2002, 03:21 PM
Im looking into buying or trading for a wooded plateform for the back of my 2001 Outback.

I currently have a blue platform with grey padding.

Anyone know where I could purchase a wooden platform new or used?

99outback
10-22-2002, 09:32 PM
Do a search under teak swim platforms under google.com .
here is one link for platforms

http://www.wolfsmarine.com/ww/dept.asp?dept_id=1432

Good LUck

DOCDRS
10-23-2002, 11:42 PM
barefooter, curious , do you have a 3 or 4 bladed prop on your boat?

barefooter
10-24-2002, 11:06 AM
Ive got a four blade prop. Why?

Billy Blaze
01-05-2003, 01:16 PM
I am buy a new mooba this spring & am debating between the std and opt teak platform. Why do you want to replace your std platform?

noneya
01-15-2003, 11:58 AM
There are pros and cons for the teak and fibergalss.

On the fiberglass, the foam they put on it definetly starts to wear off pretty quickly. I have heard debate on the fact that the fiberglass is hollow on bottom that water gets caught in the lip underneath and constantly pulls on the back of the boat.

On the teak, it is definetly more upkeep, you need to oil it pretty often to keep it from turning grey. While this makes me look like a moron (and I guess I am) I hit someones boat w/ the swim platform at the beginning of the year. Since I had the fiberglass it just scratched his hull and cracked my platform. I think that teak would have caused much more damage since it wouldnt have given like the fiberglass. Alot of people also just like the look of the teak better.

barefooter
01-15-2003, 06:33 PM
I just think that the teak platform looks better. Understanding that the upkeep may be a bit more, I think it gives the boat a classy look. Im still willing to trade my scratch-free blue platform for a teak (plus Ill throw in the $$$ balance).