PDA

View Full Version : Tower mirror bracket

Hoopskier
12-22-2009, 08:03 AM
I am looking to get a tower mirror bracket for my boat. I have the 1 5/8" tower. I see most use the monster braket. I am looking for something different. Most other brackets do not come in the 1 5/8 diameter. I most come in the 1 3/4" or 1 7/8". What do you guys do?

mcdye
12-22-2009, 10:05 AM
IMO, the monster mirror is great, alot of adjustments and quick release. If you dont like that route, you should be able to shim a 1 3/4 fairly easy with some plastic, inner tube rubber, etc... dont forget the wonder tape....duck tape.

Razzman
12-22-2009, 10:42 AM
Hoop, the problem with shimming is that unless your shim material is rigid plastic then generally your going to get movement or a vibration. Many companies that make them offer shim stock so check them all.

cab13367
12-22-2009, 01:07 PM
I am looking to get a tower mirror bracket for my boat. I have the 1 5/8" tower. I see most use the monster braket. I am looking for something different. Most other brackets do not come in the 1 5/8 diameter. I most come in the 1 3/4" or 1 7/8". What do you guys do?

Hoop,

If u find one u like and it comes in 2-1/2", I'd be happy to send u the appropriate shims that came with my monster tower arm. I need to check though to make sure they sent me that size shim. Let me know if u want to go that route and I'll go check what I have.

viking
12-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Hoop,
I've been investigating them all too for 1 5/8. I've narrowed my options down to Samson Sports or Aerial. Both quick release as I want to remove when in tow. Samson in my opinion looks the best and great quick release but twice as much $$ as the Aerial.