PDA

View Full Version : HO syndicate A1?????

KurtL
12-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Anyone take a turn with this ski??? Supposedly HO's top ski for 2009? Local shop has a demo blank for $300 at right length (66.25). Online I have seen clearance at $900 for a blank.

Thinking about buying it before it disappears at that price!:)

Kurt

maxpower220
12-21-2009, 05:43 PM
You have a "local" shop in Montana???? Your lucky, I live in FL and have no shops that stock anything for about 150 miles in any direction.

That sounds like a pretty good price.

KurtL
12-22-2009, 02:26 AM
Yeah, kind of an unique outdoor recreation store. By no means is it a water sports shop, just have alittle of everything.

Couldn't let that opportunity slip away so I bought it! Might be way too much ski for me, but won't find out until May when the ice comes off.

viking
12-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Let us know how you like it. I bought an HO Freeride Burner a couple years ago and love it!

Sled491
12-22-2009, 09:45 PM
The A 1 is a 36 mph ski. This is one wicked fast hard turning ski. I skied the one down from it as a demo. Was nice, not enough time to develop a real opinion. A lot of guys skiing the RS1 from Radar switched to the A1.

The price is right for sure, even if you can't stand it next summer, you will get your money back for sure

Mikey
12-22-2009, 11:41 PM
I agree with Sled. From talking to an HO rep at World Waterski Championships this is one quick hard turning ski. I Just got a Monza last year which by there standards is Old technology, and its Fast to say the least and still well beyond what i will do with it. I truely enjoy it as you should too and if not the price was right and you should have very little trouble selling it. Let us know,later how it goes.

SkiBoy
01-19-2010, 01:14 PM
I ski on a 2002 HO ASX. Love the ski but time for a new one. I have well over 1500 runs on it.

I ski at 36- short line 32 -35 off by the end of the season.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mikey
01-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Find a deal and go with it,or research All the brands as pretty much everyone has a ski,that will blow you away when comparing even to your relatively old ski.The info is out there and lots of opinions as well.I went from an OLd 1983 Jobe Honeycomb to a 05 Ho Triumph to a 08 Monza . Every ski still works and they all behave completely differently with of course the Monza being my favorite but its Way outdated if you follow whats all out there.
Price did have a factor as i bought a clearout but it was one of 3 i really wanted anyway. Boots are another thing as well and its not that uncommon to mix brands and or theres the hard shell option.
Personally i'm not into that as i will lend my ski to others to try if there feet are same stance and similar size etc.
I ski for fun and don't make a living from this ,wanting to keep it enjoyable and encourage others to try mine so i can try theres etc.
There are several Good online ski outlets that have some really good deals and if you find a blem in what you want you can save even more.
Good luck and if ya find something let us know and surely someone will have a comment for you.

Sled491
01-21-2010, 10:48 PM
The A 1 is a very nice ski and seems that it would fit your requirements. But as was mentioned you may want to look around and check out what's out there.

SkiBoy
01-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have been looking at closeouts and sales. I used to buy blems years ago when EP was still around. Got a new Stiletto for a ridiculous price at the time. I could never find the blemish either.

The ASX is a slightly forgiving ski as it is shaped a bit for easier handling. I can handle the speed so I want something a bit quicker.

I want to try the Monza and A1. I may have to get back To McCormicks in Florida for a weekend and see what they have to offer. Last I looked they were selling Radar, but they had HO in the past, maybe still do.

Later........

maxpower220
01-23-2010, 05:59 PM
I was at McCormick's last year. He is selling a few Radars, but had all of the Obrien Elite for sale and Demo. He had a Monza for demo, but it was a long ski with crappy bindings. You may want to call several ski schools to ensure they have what you are wanting.

SkiBoy
01-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the info. I have new bindings, so I'm looking for a blank. Was Michael the only son there? Last time I was there Patrick, Daniel and Mike McCormick were coaching and Jim was of course there. I was there just before they built the new building. I have not seen the cable park either.

Sled491
01-24-2010, 03:32 PM
You may want to give the Radar's a try, after all when you think about it Herb Obrien started all those companies that have been talked about, minus EP of course.

maxpower220
01-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the info. I have new bindings, so I'm looking for a blank. Was Michael the only son there? Last time I was there Patrick, Daniel and Mike McCormick were coaching and Jim was of course there. I was there just before they built the new building. I have not seen the cable park either.

Mike was there, but he was busy. I got instruction from a couple of college aged helpers, which was great for me. The cable park had a lot of business.

My trip over was a last minute idea and I did not have any of my equipment. I highly recommend taking your own stuff. See link:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7594&highlight=school