PDA

View Full Version : Swim Platform rail...???

Bwesson
05-17-2004, 06:28 PM
Is this an option for Moomba's as well, or is this just a Supra SS option added to a Moomba? I found the boat on the trader.online; thought I would like this! Hmmm...
See attached pic: Just click file below...

BOOM-BA
05-18-2004, 08:52 AM
I have never seen it on a moomba before. I looks to be the option from the supra. I have not even heard of it being an option for moomba. I don't know if I like it or not.

BLKOUTLS
05-18-2004, 05:55 PM
Bwesson,

I have one on my outbackls, ordered thru my dealer and installed it myself.
it was a fairly easy install but a pricey add on. I think around 280.00 . But its great and can't imagine not having it.

chris

Bwesson
05-19-2004, 04:31 PM
blkoutls -
Was it an actual Moomba made add-on part or did you have to order a Supra part? Did you have to alter anything to install? Thanks for your input!

Brian...

BLKOUTLS
05-20-2004, 12:02 AM
Bwesson & Ed

It was a supra part no a moomba part. It required no modification just some very detailed measuring on my part. I took blue painting tape and marked the general area up and down then placed the rail on the platform measured and marked again. That was the most nerve raking then drilled my first hole corner hole and mounted it. Then it made it much easier to center each following bolt hole. Ed its great to get on the platform with the rail as opposed to palms down on the platform. after a long set its easier to get my old bones up and out. I know the problem with high wraps and the only trick is keeping your fin/wing clear . I tend to board more now and its kind of fun to grind off as you go in. bottom line its a great add on. I'll try to post a pic by the weekend.

Chris

Bwesson
05-20-2004, 11:44 AM
blkoutls

Cool, I really appreciate you sharing it with us and would really like to see the pictures of yours if you can, I think it adds a good look to the boat if the bar is the same look as your tower, very aesthetically pleasing to the eye since the platform is kind of plain looking as it is and it really spices it up a bit, that’s the main reason I want to add it! Hey; if you have the extra cash…<grin>

BLKOUTLS
05-23-2004, 09:34 PM
bwesson,

I hope this pic posts. I also just add'd gator grip to the transom and a few other spots.
If we ever get abreak in our weather I shoot some other pics,supra shift knob,bow filler,plexi walkthru insert what a pain that was and some other upgrades. Today we retrieved to of my buddies docks and my shore station in completely submerged except part of its hoist. I'm sick of the rain , river is closed and no riding.

chris