PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Mobius LS

New Guy
12-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Hey guys I just bought a 04 Mobius LS for $13,300. I know it is a little late to ask if it is a good deal or not but what do you think?

Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140367600509&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:MOTORS:1123

sandm
12-17-2009, 01:38 PM
no clue whether it's a good deal. it really doesn't matter. if you are happy with the purchase and feel like it was, then go with it...
welcome to the forums...
you won't regret becoming a member of the skiers choice family...

DOCDRS
12-17-2009, 02:01 PM
I think its a great deal if there is nothing wrong with it. My LS was awesome to me for 10 years

Jeff W
12-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Smokin deal.

You'll love it.

New Guy
12-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Turned out to be a scam :( Oh well i guess keep looking.

zabooda
12-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Keep trying New Guy. I think there can be good deals on eBay especially when you can pick it up with cash in hand. The problem I've been seeing with buying a car there is looking at the closed listings almost all of the cars were not sold with the reserve not being met so the seller's expections were too high. There is a perceived risk of buying on eBay which should keep the prices low but as long as you can examine the car or boat before handing over the cash then it is no different than buying off of Craigslist.

Sled491
12-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Too bad, I saw that boat on Ebay, would have been a heck of a deal. Like Zabooda said keep looking, we'll keep a spot open for you :) There are a few boats for sale under Classifieds if your looking.

newty
12-17-2009, 11:32 PM
New guy where are you from? Maybe we could help in locating a good buy.

wolfeman131
12-18-2009, 12:03 AM
bit higher priced, but this sure is a nice looking boat if you're in the Southeast

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/1513565186.html

viking
12-18-2009, 12:58 AM
What were the details of the scam? No boat? Hacked ebay account? Thought it may help other's searching for a vessel online what to watch out for?

New Guy
12-18-2009, 12:06 PM
This is pretty much how it went down:

-And the guys address states it is in Michigan just a couple hours away from me. So I contact the seller and this is the email I received:

The 2004 Moomba Mobius LS is still for sale. Buy it now price is $11,000.

About the item: it is in immaculate condition and hasn't been involved in any collision. Maintenance has always been done at the end of every season, new filters and fresh oil. Only 146 hours on it. Trailer included. Clear title.

The boat is located in Portland. The delivery will take within 5 to 7 working days (with insurance and 15 days return policy).

As soon as the boat arrives, you will test and if it does not matches 100% of your expectations, you will return it in max. 15 days since the arrival date. In this case I will pay the return shipping and insurance fees.

ALSO ABOUT PAYMENT AND SHIPPING I WILL USE ONLY EBAY SO WE CAN BOTH BE PROTECTED!

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO E-MAIL ME YOUR EBAY USER ID AND COMPLETE NAME AND ADDRESS FOR SHIPPING AND AFTER THAT EBAY WILL CONTACT YOU WITH MORE INFO REGARDING SHIPPING AND PAYMENT!

If you agree with my above terms, I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible. I have reserved the boat for you until I will have your final answer.

Alan

-Once I emailed back and said that I bought it for $13,300 and I was going to pick the boat up, his response was:

Oh, i though the boat didn't sell, i didn't received the winning email, sorry about that. It seams that you are the winning bidder. I forgot to update my eBay account with my actual address, this is my fault, and i will handle the shipping.

-I won it for $13,300 now he is offering it for $11,000 WTF? So I contacted him stating I was going to pick the boat up this weekend in MI. This is the response I got:

I would like too, but i'm in Portland, Oregon.

Considering the lake are froze here I have time. So I'm not in a real hurry, it was just one of those "too good to be true" deals.
I'm located in Wisconsin but I am willing to travel pretty much anywhere if its a good enough deal.

I'm looking to spend $10,000 to $20,000 maybe a little more if it is a deal.

Thanks Guys

yager97
12-18-2009, 12:55 PM
do some research, use nada guides to find the average selling price of these boats, check the classified sections on here and at wakeworld.com to determine appropriate pricing. If the price is too good to be true, then it is. There is either something major wrong with the boat, or its a scam. No one buys boats to give them away to people they dont know for cheap. Good luck, if you're looking for a tournament wake boat stick with moomba, great value for the price!

New Guy
12-18-2009, 02:06 PM
There is a nice XLV on Wakeworld but I think its sold already.

2007 Outback V
12-18-2009, 02:51 PM
New Guy,

Where are you located in WI. I'm in WI as well, and I just purchased my boat in Oct. I looked for almost 2 yrs on and off before I found one. However, that was before I knew that I wanted a Moomba. Anyway, I found craigslist to be the most useful. Let me know if I can help.
Welcome to the forum!!!!

mmandley
12-18-2009, 03:01 PM
New guy I had the exact same scam pulled on a Corrvette I wanted to buy. It was a 92 low miles for 6k and same thing happened. Car add said it was local to me bug realy in Cali. They wanted my money sent threw a pay pal system. The problem is if you use the pay pal you eighter spend more time and money getting your money back or you never get it back.

I strongly urge anyone buying cars or boats or any vechicle online to be able yo touch it and drive it before purchase. Also run the vin threw the DMV and police to make sure it's a legal sale.

Another big scam is steal a car chane the vin sell it cheap and once it's gone the car won't registar and when it's sent threw the police your arrested for possesion of stolen property or the property is taken and your out your cash.

Be very Leary of the term when it's to good to be true it prolly is

New Guy
12-18-2009, 03:07 PM
2007 I am from Appleton you?

I have been hitting up the Jaxxed site:
http://www2.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi

And its been pretty helpful

Brianinpdx
12-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Portland eh? We should call that guys bluff and go see the boat. I'm sure Mike could scare up about 10 of the local guys here from the forum to show up and have a look at the boat.

I'm with Mike though... I'd be hella worried even if that boat is right here in portland... whats the reality when you go see it. I'd have it checked out before giving anyone a dime!

-Brian

sandm
12-18-2009, 05:49 PM
I sold an eclipse gst and 2 mitsu evolutions online, shipped 2 across the country and bought one of the evo's online, all private party and had excellent experiences with it, but it def. pays to do some research prior to sending any money.
with all the cars, I had to take them to a dealer and have a vehicle inspection sent to the buyer(at his expense) prior to the sale.

one of the evo's came from portland on a side note. guy that owns Alta Mini Performance, a Mini Cooper parts distributer. Took him to the cleaners for the car, but he had to have a new vette...

ebay has some deals, and with the internet, has turned the market into a national from a local market, but if the deal smells too good, probably is..

good luck in your quest. kind of a slow time to be looking for a boat. bet a ton will pop up in spring.

New Guy
12-18-2009, 06:40 PM
sandm

It wouldn't be a big deal but the guy lied about his location and the price thing is sketchy. So I'm walking away.

sandm
12-18-2009, 07:46 PM
good decision. find a solid deal that you feel good about. it will come....

I have worked with a lot of people from your neck of the woods over the years.. all I can say are wisconsinites really know how to drink :)

Hoopskier
12-18-2009, 09:16 PM
New Guy!!

I have that same boat for sale. Well actually its my brother's boat and he is looking to sell. No scam here. Its an 2004 mobius LS in that same color. A few more hours. I'll have to check the hour meter to get you an exact number. He is looking to sell with the gear. Such as ropes, skies, life jackets, anchor and Barefoot Boom. The boat has a Bimini top too. If you or anyone else is interested in it, just send me a pm and i can get you more detail or put you in contact with him.

I have not listed this in the classifieds yet due to I have not written an ad for it yet.

I don't have an official for sale price from him yet but i believe he is looking to get somewhere between $23-24 for it.

The boat is currently located in Wausau, WI for inside winter storage and in the spring will be in Lake Zurich, IL. Viewing available.

Boat has 205 Hrs.

Sled491
12-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Hey new guy, I'm also in WI. We are between Milwaukee and Madison and ski almost every day during the summer. If your interested we're always open to guests. Hey and don't forget the Summer Jamboree, usually held in Northern Ill.

deerfield
12-19-2009, 01:50 AM
He is looking to sell with the gear. Such as ropes, skies, life jackets, anchor and Barefoot Boom.

Hoopskier - I have an '07 direct drive Outback and would like to buy a used boom. Maybe the boom on your brother's LS would fit and he will sell? I'll send you a PM. - Deerfield

2007 Outback V
12-19-2009, 02:54 AM
[QUOTE=New Guy;81496]2007 I am from Appleton you?

I have been hitting up the Jaxxed site:
http://www2.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi

And its been pretty helpful[/QUO

Menomonee Falls

Cool site, never heard of it. I'll keep a look out for you. Good luck.

Hoopskier
12-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Hoopskier - I have an '07 direct drive Outback and would like to buy a used boom. Maybe the boom on your brother's LS would fit and he will sell? I'll send you a PM. - Deerfield

I asked about selling the boom seperate a couple of time as I looked at buying it as well. He is not willing to seperate the boom from the boat.

New Guy
12-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Hoop

Thanks I'll let you know if I need more pictures or anything.

newty
12-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Hey Newguy check this out.
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/boa/1519266359.html