PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Ski Lodging in CO

cab13367
12-16-2009, 10:17 PM
I see some posts on skiing here and it reminded me that there are several folks in the Denver area on this forum. I used to live in Denver and I still have a property in Silverthorne. I am renting a 2BR/1BA "lock-off" unit this ski season for just $90/night (same price for holidays).

Below is a link to an ad I placed on Craigslist. Please contact me at the # and e-mail provided on the link if interested.

http://rockies.craigslist.org/vac/1510775868.html

Moderators: If this is inappropriate, I apologize and please delete this post.

Thanks,

Al

Sled491
12-16-2009, 10:20 PM
What resorts is that close to A Basin and Keystone or more towards Beaver Creek?

cab13367
12-16-2009, 11:49 PM
Sled,

It's about 20 minutes to Arapahoe Basin, Keystone, and Breckenridge, about 30 to Copper, and about 45 or so to Vail/Beaver Creek.

CO skiers - is that about right? It's been a little while so I might be a little off but that's pretty close I think.

jmvotto
12-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Thats a great ski area, I miss going west to ski.:(

kaneboats
12-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Sounds like a special deal for Moomba board members to me.

polar21
12-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Cab,

Those distances sound about right, although Beaver Creek is a good hour drive from Denver, especially if there is any traffic. A-Basin is 30-40 minutes from Denver.

On a side note, the last time we traveled out to CO we decided to stay in Denver and drive out to A-Basin rather than staying at Beaver Creek. We really enjoyed skiing A-Basin and the price was MUCH cheaper.

cab13367
12-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Cab,

Those distances sound about right, although Beaver Creek is a good hour drive from Denver, especially if there is any traffic. A-Basin is 30-40 minutes from Denver.

On a side note, the last time we traveled out to CO we decided to stay in Denver and drive out to A-Basin rather than staying at Beaver Creek. We really enjoyed skiing A-Basin and the price was MUCH cheaper.

polar,

You're a little off on your drive times - Vail/Beaver Creek is a good hour and 45 minutes from Denver and A-Basin is about an hour and 15 and that's with no trafffic. On the weekends, plan on adding at least 30 minutes to that if you leave at peak time.

My property is in Silverthorne, which is an hour west of Denver, along I-70. You are past the congestion point - the Eisenhower tunnel - so access to the ski areas is easy.

Wish I could give everyone a discount but $90/night is already a smoking deal. And I'm not jacking up the price over the holidays like everyone else does.

Thanks,

Al

cab13367
12-17-2009, 04:51 PM
I looked up actual distances from my property to the ski areas. Here they are:

Keystone - 10 miles
Copper Mountain - 13 miles
Arapahoe Basin (A-Basin) - 15 miles
Breckenridge - 16 miles
Vail - 32 miles
Beaver Creek - 41 miles

SC_LSV
12-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Awesome deal. Luckily my gf family has a house in breckenridge. We have a group heading out there Dec 29-Jan 3rd. Hopefully they will get more snow in the next 2 weeks.

Anybody ever done Breck for new years? Hot spots?

SC_LSV

deerfield
12-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Luckily my gf family has a house in breckenridge. We have a group heading out there Dec 29-Jan 3rd. Hopefully they will get more snow in the next 2 weeks. Anybody ever done Breck for new years? Hot spots?

SC LSV - Excellent place to party on Main Street sold out a couple of years ago, so don't have a current recommendation for New Years. But, for breakfast I recommend Columbine Cafe, also located on Main Street. Large portions of home cooking. Try the applewood smoked bacon. Pretty good stuff. It gets busy, so avoid peak times. Be sure to check out Racers Edge at the north end of Main Street. Cool gear. Pretty neat pictures and autographs on the second floor. I envy you. Have a great time! - Deerfield

jimmobius
12-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Hey that is a great deal . I haven't snowboarded in 2 seasons , didn't want to sit in traffic for hours anymore and tired of paying high lift ticket prices to stand in the lift line. I will probably try to get up there next month before the winter trip to Mexico. Can't wait for the warm tropical breeze drinking a Corona on the beach!!
Jim.

Sled491
12-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Last Time I skiied A Basin and Keystone the US Pro Tour was there. We stayed somewhere close can't remember and it was about a 15 min drive. All I know is the Mc D's was like double the $ of any other Mc D's I ever ate at.

Cab I'm going to have to keep this in mind as I would very much enjoy heading out that way again :)

Jim, there is something to be said for Cozumel in Feb during Carnival!X! Maybe I'll head down for a suba trip again and this time bring the wife ?

Sled491
12-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Last Time I skiied A Basin and Keystone the US Pro Tour was there. We stayed somewhere close can't remember and it was about a 15 min drive. All I know is the Mc D's was like double the $ of any other Mc D's I ever ate at.

Cab I'm going to have to keep this in mind as I would very much enjoy heading out that way again :)

Jim, there is something to be said for Cozumel in Feb during Carnival!X! Maybe I'll head down for a suba trip again and this time bring the wife ?