PDA

View Full Version : Interior parts replacement

Copen80
12-13-2009, 09:46 AM
I was thinking I would like to change the color of my dashboard trim.
Does Moomba/Skiers Choice have replacement parts that I could buy, or is painting a better option? If I choose to have them painted any suggestions on how to have all of the warnings and lables replaced on the switch/ignition plate?

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

Sled491
12-13-2009, 10:31 AM
You could go to your dealer, and order a different colored trim from that year, that should be no problem. If you paint you will have more options of course. Just order the stickers you're asking about from your dealer, again no probs.

If you paint, you have to remove the whole piece, and use the right paint. There is specific paint for vynil and plastic, and there are flex agents you would need to add to keep the paint from cracking after

Copen80
12-13-2009, 01:48 PM
That is what I wanted to know; whether or not I could buy pieces from past years (2000). I would be leary of painting them myself. I would probably take them out and have them done by a pro. The unfortunate part is there are no dealers around me. If I were to buy replacements I would have to try to purchase online. The marine mechanic I use for repairs and such said there is only one other Moomba in our area-which last time I checked is the most populated stretch of Ohio River, from lock to lock.

Sled-Thanks for your input you were very helpful.

newty
12-13-2009, 03:16 PM
I'd look around for some of those "wrap" style sheets. You could do wood grain or carbon fiber etc. All you need is a heat gun and some patients.
When I get time I'll see if I can find you a couple websites that deal with that stuff. I'll bet a nice dark burlwood (or like) would look really nice on the dash.
You could accent other areas in the boat like the glovebox lid.

Copen80
12-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Thanks Newty

I don't mind the color of the golve box lid. It is a lighter tan than the dash. The 2 pieces on each side that have the speakers and cup holders are the same as the dash. They would also get replaced or coated. I am thinking black would look nice but never thought about carbon fiber, that sounds interesting.

newty
12-14-2009, 12:47 AM
http://carbonfiberfilm.com/
http://metrodecals.com/
The carbon fiber would look sweet but that diamond plate might look pretty cool too.
The only reason i suggested the glovebox was so you can kind of tie the dash on both sides together. It might look weird with just the dash panels done.
Either way I think it would def be a good alternative to paint.

Copen80
12-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Great idea Newty!!

I did not know such an animal existed. The carbon fiber would be pretty cool, and you are right about the glove box lid. That would pull the rest of the dash together. The black diamond plate looks pretty nice as well.

Thanks again!!

newty
12-14-2009, 03:12 PM
No problem keep us posted on any progress.