PDA

View Full Version : Seadek pad storage

viking
12-10-2009, 12:29 AM
how should I store my seadek for the winter?
I've had it for over a month and won't be installing it till spring unless we get a 50F day sometime before then and i have the time. It's all curled up in the box. Should I try and lay it out and store flat so it doesn't conform and not want to lay flat when installing? Will the adheisive go bad over 6months. Or am I going to be fine when I drag it out and finally get it on my swim platform?

Any thoughts!

cab13367
12-10-2009, 03:25 AM
how should I store my seadek for the winter?
I've had it for over a month and won't be installing it till spring unless we get a 50F day sometime before then and i have the time. It's all curled up in the box. Should I try and lay it out and store flat so it doesn't conform and not want to lay flat when installing? Will the adheisive go bad over 6months. Or am I going to be fine when I drag it out and finally get it on my swim platform?

Any thoughts!

I would lay it out flat indoors so that it will be nice and flat and pliable when you are ready to install it. Put in a large plastic trash bag to keep the dust off put it under your bed.

moombadaze
12-10-2009, 08:31 AM
3rd for under the bed

sandm
12-10-2009, 10:54 AM
send it to me and I'll store it for you.

deerfield
12-10-2009, 12:17 PM
send it to me and I'll store it for you.

sandm - Forward it to me. No need for you to store the pad. I've seen the one Sled has on his Outback, so I know a Seadek pad would look great on my boat. Just so happens that I have an '07 Outback same as Viking. Would be a perfect fit and make an excellent Christams present. Swim platform is in the basement ready for the pad install. - Deerfield

sandm
12-10-2009, 12:33 PM
now it sounds like you are going to use it. I just offered to store it for him ;)

viking
12-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Ed,
Appreciate the idea - I'll see if I have room. Might need to tell the wife to find a new home for her wedding dress that's been tucked under there for years :)

Deerfield and Sandm,
FUNNY - You guys are soooo nice to offer up some storage space. If i can't find a place I'll be sure to zip it out :)

Sled491
12-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Mine sat in the temporary garage out at the lake in the corner in the cardboard wrapper it came in for half a year before I brought it home to install it.

I can vouch for Deerfield, he would look after it for you and give it a good home :)

viking
12-23-2009, 04:22 PM
I know he would. If he wasn't so far I'd just let him store my swim deck too and he could put the 2 together for me :)

I rolled it out and stuffed it between the matress and box spring. Figured that would keep it flat and out of the elements.

mmandley
12-24-2009, 08:55 PM
I know he would. If he wasn't so far I'd just let him store my swim deck too and he could put the 2 together for me :)

I rolled it out and stuffed it between the matress and box spring. Figured that would keep it flat and out of the elements.

Ive herd of stuffing money in between the mattresses but not a swim deck cover. Thats a new one.