PDA

View Full Version : Smell the Rose's

RobertJ
12-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Oregon State Beavers.

sandm
12-03-2009, 07:04 PM
I don't follow football AT ALL, but I am really hoping for a nebraska win to potentially push boise state out of the bcs scenario. too many people here have such big heads about that team. def. top25, but not anywhere near top10.....

and for the record robertj, I like beavers too :)

jester
12-03-2009, 07:17 PM
I also want Boise State out. Also GO DUCKS!!!!...

RobertJ
12-03-2009, 07:27 PM
I think a Oregon State win also hammers Boise State since their big win was against Oregon.

Go Beavers

kaneboats
12-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Go Gators!

sandm
12-03-2009, 08:22 PM
from what I understand, if nebraska wins, then boise state has to hope for a bcs bid, since neb. will take the automatic fiesta bowl bid and that may not happen.. otherwise fiesta looks to be extending an invite to them with texas beating neb, which sounds like it should happen. now if tcu ends ups in the national game from some losses this weekend, then boise is an automatic bcs bid since tcu is now in the title game..
everyone here has said that oregon won't do anything to bsu's chances.

politics, politics, politics..

bsu was favored by over 45pts on the game saturday, and held nms scoreless the last 2 meetings. should be a crappy game to watch..

jester
12-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Wow sandm do you want to draw a map on that one. Talk about a messed up system. I am a U of I fan so i always hope bosie loses. The only reason i am going for U of O Ducks to win tonight is because they will be in the rose bowl and leave bosie high and dry.

zabooda
12-03-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm a U of I alumni but when you think NW football you gotta go with the Broncs. I would have liked to see Oregon State against South Carolina in a bowl game. Who would win the Beavers or the Cocks.

sandm
12-03-2009, 11:37 PM
bet it would be a messy game......

wolfeman131
12-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Beaver or Duck, you better FEAR THE NUT!

GO BUCKS!

jester
12-04-2009, 01:20 AM
UUUUU OFFFF OOOOOOOO. Ducks win. 33 to 37. Sorry Robert you will not smell the Roses two years in a row.

RobertJ
12-04-2009, 01:53 AM
Go Ohio State,

kaneboats
12-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Just a perspective from across the country. Boise seems to me to be a class program that is making a lot out of very little. I can't believe Notre Dame isn't looking hard at Chris Petersen. He reminds me of Urban Meyer. As for Ducks and Beavers, I love 'em both because I am so sick of USC. I do think that the Ducks will have their hands full with Ohio State now though. Finally, in the fantasy matchup of South Carolina and Oregon State (Cocks v. Beavers), I like the Beavers in a close shave.

sandm
12-04-2009, 11:39 AM
believe me kane, if you had to listen to the very fickle fans out here, you'd have a completely different mindset. they have a good program, and are worthy of a top25 ranking, but they play such an easy schedule and are miles ahead of any other team in the wac, so they end up with a top6 ranking due to that. they play their out of conf. teams early in the year and manage to get wins so they are ranked higher. let them play oregon now and I bet the scenario is much different. all the fans out here think that just because they are undefeated, they should be in the title game.
let them start playing a pac10 schedule and see how they fare...
and on that, they pack a 32000 seat stadium right now, but one season at 9-3, and that stadium will have 10-12k empty seats starting the next year.. the fans have always been that way.

btw, if the cocks vs beavers game did happen, would it be at an indoor venue? I would hate to bring a rainsuit :)

viking
12-04-2009, 03:00 PM
mmmmm - I like Beavers!
Especially if they smell like roses :)

Sorry,
A little off Color. I don't care if you strike this one out moderaters! Just couldn't help myself!!

kaneboats
12-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Well, I live in Tallahassee where it took a decade for reality to set in. These fans here were so spoiled they would get mad when their team finished #5. I'm having a great time wearing Gator gear all over town. Too bad it won't last.

jester
12-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Robert, I like how you change to another O State team since your team has been shot down twice in a row for the Rose bowl.

RobertJ
12-05-2009, 02:35 AM
OSU is OSU I guess. I just have a hard time with the Ducks and this years Punch-gate made it a little worse. I will say James was fun to watch.

Mrs.Daze
12-25-2009, 06:28 PM
http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r390/MrsDaze/Palm%20Pre/Palmpre026.jpg

kaneboats
12-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Because it's football, son. I go to Jr. High games cuz my daughter cheers. I go to HS games. I've been to tons of college games. It's a heckuva lot of fun. I can even watch kids playing backyard football and love to watch powder- puff football. Speaking of the Bears, I wonder if Lovie is going to get canned.

WaterBullDawg1980
12-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Speaking as a University of Georgia fan, I will say the love of college football can definitely be "nuts". That is why we are F.A.N.s. FAN is short for FANatic. :)

But to try to answer your question, it is truly a different atmosphere at a game cheering on a group of college athletes. Kids are not getting paid for one. Not that I have anything against professional athletes. In fact given the average career is less than 5 years, I think they should get as much money as possible. But when you know these STUDENT athletes are having to balance their studies and the schedule of being athlete as well, it is remarkable to me.

Football outside of the Southeastern U.S. is just different anyhow. It is much more pro oriented.

ED, if you ever get a chance to attend a college football game in the South, I HIGHLY recommend the event. There is nothing better than tailgating on a crisp autumn afternoon and then watching "The DAWGS" run out onto the field with 93,000 of your closest friends. :)

That being said I am going about to go watch UGA play in the Independence Bowl. Man it is an off year, when I am having to watch an unranked UGA team in the Advocare V100 Independence Bowl. :(

GO DAWGS!!

jester
12-28-2009, 10:16 PM
oh, okay that explains it.

Personnaly, I'd rather go to Women's gymnastic meets. The competitiors are so much better looking and they grunt just as loud.

Ed two words for you. Collage volleyball.