PDA

View Full Version : V-drive water cooling area - sticks

jester
11-30-2009, 11:42 PM
As you might know i have had an issue getting out the square bolts so i decided to pull the top plate. EASY. 6 bolts that a 1/2 socket fits and pulls off easy. Everyone might want to pull this off at least every other year since how it is setup it will collect junk you have sucked up. I found a few sticks in this area that could have started a bigger build up. I have attached a pic so everyone can see what it looks inside this area. Sorry for the bad pic it was taken from my cell phone. Also even with pulling both drain bolts a little water still sits in this area.

VA LSV
12-01-2009, 07:20 AM
I also had trouble getting the steel square drain plugs out. They were also extremely rusted. Chased the threads with a 1/4" pipe tap and installed brass hex head plugs so I can use a 9/16 socket.

Pulled my top cover last year and found some little sticks. No way to reuse the original gasket so made one out of RTV. Also replaced the bolts with anodized and anti-sieze since the originals were very rusted.

DOCDRS
12-01-2009, 02:10 PM
do you two guys have a water strainer?

jester
12-01-2009, 05:08 PM
No strainer. Thinking of putting one in.

mcdye
12-01-2009, 09:21 PM
it is cheap insurance. if have not you should probably check further up stream at the strainer in tranny fluid cooler.

Sled491
12-14-2009, 10:59 PM
I put "never sieze" on everything. No problems since.