PDA

View Full Version : What would like to see ?

moombadaze
11-25-2009, 08:47 AM
What would you like to see on line or in the brochures?

Personally would like to see a photo of EVERY option, not just a few.

Maybe a photo of most boat's as they leave the factory to see the different color combo's that others have picked out.

Also our Moomba is a lifestyle at this point and would like to see photo's of the Jamboree's and get together's.

Your thoughts ?

viking
11-25-2009, 03:07 PM
I'd like to see pics of girls with six-packs (both kinds - I know what ur thinkin) sitting in SC boats instead of MC :)

Ian Brantford
11-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Personally would like to see a photo of EVERY option, not just a few.

Yes, this would have saved me a lot of time in saying "yes" to buying a Moomba.

In addition, there should be YouTube videos posted showing the options in use. There are model-specific clips there already, but they are just feel-good promotional items. Each option should be shown in action.

Sled491
11-26-2009, 04:00 PM
I see no reason why we couldn't have a comprehensive catalog of all options and acce. How can they expect us to buy the upgrades (which we all know is where the money is) if we don't know what the heck they are. I missed the boat on a few just because they weren't presented or I didn't get what they were.

Jon
11-26-2009, 08:48 PM
To me a brochure is to give a general overview of what the boats are and what is available. If you want details, you need to talk to your dealer and go look on their showroom floor. Skiers Choice provides material to dealers every year so that they know exactly what options and product they are selling.

tazz3069
11-28-2009, 10:23 PM
I would like to see hard tanks in the boat and get rid of the ridiculous bags.

tazz3069
11-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Hard Tanks below the deck. You still will have plenty of room for storage. I do agree that when the bags are empty, there is tons of room. But when the bags are full, I need to empty everything out which includes the ice chest, skiis, and other stuff. All of that always ends up in the boat and all the room is gone. Thankfully I have a Z5 rack. I can put all the boards on that and in my racks. I cant really put anything under the passenger side because of the amp rack. I do put all the towels there for easy access. The Ice chest is not the shoe locker. That would be the second thing I would like to see. I would love to see an insulated Ice chest instead of the plain fiberglass shell. Usually all the ice is gone by the time I hit the buoy line. Then I have hot beer for the rest of the day. I cant have that.

Ian Brantford
11-30-2009, 01:59 AM
To me a brochure is to give a general overview of what the boats are and what is available. If you want details, you need to talk to your dealer and go look on their showroom floor. Skiers Choice provides material to dealers every year so that they know exactly what options and product they are selling.

This assumes that dealers are easily accessible and have the options at hand to show you. I live a 5 hour drive away from mine and have only been there twice: once to shop (in winter, with just one moderately equipped demo boat available) and once when the ordered boat arrived. All other interactions have been by phone/fax.

Many other products have demos on-line that are specific and to the point. For example, I chose the Comptech swivel hydrofoil rack over the newer Samson model because Comptech had a good video on-line. You could see exactly how the mechanism held the foil and could be adapted to various towers.

For those who have the luxury of strolling into a dealer at any time, that's great. For others, there is little excuse for the manufacturer of a product to fail to provide an explanation of it on-line. This isn't 1975 and we are not buying 1000 lb. ski boats to tow behind our station wagons. These are expensive, complex products with lots of options, and the Internet provides a very cost-effective way to get the information to us.

moombadaze
11-30-2009, 08:18 AM
My dealer is about 2 minutes away, but has very little to no display of options-heck last time I drove by they had hardly any ski boats on the lot to show but did have fishing boats.

Pictures/video on line would be very helpfull and I would think very easy to do once a year.

Double D
11-30-2009, 05:10 PM
I would like to see an option on the OBV that allows for dual captain's chairs. One could easily shorten up the side bench and offer a true "u" shape with dual captains chairs.

Optional table for center.

rope holders fastened to the outside wall of the storage areas.

tazz3069
11-30-2009, 08:14 PM
"

Guess which boat has an ice chest that really works??

Yep, 2009/2010 Outback V.

Some people don't allow others to wear shoes into their boats, I don't allow others to bring coolers into my boat.

I would love to see pictures of that. Maybe I can get am idea on how I can make mine work. No shoes allowed in the boat. Shoes come off at the dock and place in shoe locker before entering.

The ice chest thing might have to be on my list of mods this winter. Ed I would really appreciate pictures. Thanx in advance.

sandm
11-30-2009, 08:36 PM
agree 100% on the cooler idea. skiers doesn't really have a cooler that works worth a poop. most are just plastic containers shoehorned in somewhere. I have seen other boats that actually have a working insulated cooler as a factory install. of course I've also seen some that just take a 48qt igloo and work it in behind a door and call it a factory cooler as well.
I have to say I like the location of the centurion cooler in the new enzo's. in the walkway to the bow, where no one will be sitting, easy to get to, and far away from the engine.

I only really have a couple of things I'd like to see..
better mounting of the swimdeck. too much slop and rattle.
completely underfloor ballast like mb. allows ballast, then bags in the corners for more surf weight and no more bags on the deck.
snapout carpet would be nice too. I keep looking at how to replace mine when that time comes and it's not pretty....

better brochures to detail and picture all the upgrades and more color combos would be nice. gives me something to daydream to :)

and jon, most salesmen are going to try and sell you the boats they have right there in stock. they may not offer options if it means ordering a new boat. commissions are usually paid at delivery. do you want to eat today, or in 2-3 months :)

Ian Brantford
12-01-2009, 12:03 AM
I've also seen some that just take a 48qt igloo and work it in behind a door and call it a factory cooler as well.

Even though I only got the "factory" cooler option for my XLV as a substitute for something else I ended up not wanting, I now think that it is a very good solution. In the XLV, part of the bench seat can come off to become a backrest on the stadium seat. The optional cooler occupies this freed spot between seats. It's very suitable -- although people can sit on it if needed, most will avoid it due to being higher than the other seats, so it's almost always accessible. The XLV also has a small in-floor "cooler", but it's really just a small area that is connected to the drainage system (at both ends), and I wouldn't leave food in there because it's hard to keep clean.

I prefer the removable cooler over anything integrated because I want to pack the food/beverages at home and just move them from truck to boat in one package. I don't want to be re-packing a cooler at the dock.

Now that the LSV is a deeper boat, I wonder if the XLV's solution could work there too.

BTW, the optional cooler is just a "marine" Igloo model, sporting a padded top and a weight rating. It would much cheaper to buy it directly instead of with a high markup from SC like I did.

cab13367
12-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Hard Tanks below the deck. You still will have plenty of room for storage. I do agree that when the bags are empty, there is tons of room. But when the bags are full, I need to empty everything out which includes the ice chest, skiis, and other stuff. All of that always ends up in the boat and all the room is gone. Thankfully I have a Z5 rack. I can put all the boards on that and in my racks. I cant really put anything under the passenger side because of the amp rack. I do put all the towels there for easy access. The Ice chest is not the shoe locker. That would be the second thing I would like to see. I would love to see an insulated Ice chest instead of the plain fiberglass shell. Usually all the ice is gone by the time I hit the buoy line. Then I have hot beer for the rest of the day. I cant have that.

Tazz,

What size fat sacs are you using? I have the X2 sacs which are 460 lbs each for wakeboarding and there is room in front of them for the cooler and plenty of room around them for the life jackets. I have a 750 that I use in the surf side locker when surfing so I try to limit the stuff I put in there. I have 4 wakeboards and 2 surfboards that are up on racks. I've never had an issue with stuff ending up in the boat.

Also, my built-in cooler still has ice in it after I get home after being on the lake all day, even on 90 deg days. I do start out with already cold drinks and put a whole bag of ice in there.

I personally like the sacs vs the hard tanks. To each his own I guess.

Al

dru1974
12-01-2009, 11:56 PM
I just remembered, when i was much younger we had a silver aniverasry addition 2001 nautique....it had a cooler...lol....it was a regular cooler metal outside....I think it was an igloo...and it had matching vinyl material on the top like a make shift seat and you could move it around like a spare seat.

In 92 we bought a supra....awsome.....loved it.

sandm
12-02-2009, 12:17 AM
that same brand is the one that I have seen the igloo add-on cooler that is behind a panel in the walkway ;)

tazz3069
12-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Tazz,

What size fat sacs are you using? I have the X2 sacs which are 460 lbs each for wakeboarding and there is room in front of them for the cooler and plenty of room around them for the life jackets. I have a 750 that I use in the surf side locker when surfing so I try to limit the stuff I put in there. I have 4 wakeboards and 2 surfboards that are up on racks. I've never had an issue with stuff ending up in the boat.

Also, my built-in cooler still has ice in it after I get home after being on the lake all day, even on 90 deg days. I do start out with already cold drinks and put a whole bag of ice in there.

Al

I have the stock 400lb bags that came with the boat. They extend the whole length of the locker and then some. I really need to find a way to insulate the cooler. I tried a neoprene product. It did not turn out like I wanted. Scrapped that idea. I am think of a spray foam product.

newty
12-02-2009, 10:45 AM
+1 for in floor ballast!
Snap out carpet option or sea deck floor option (like the Epic).
I'd also like to see a "3 wakeplate" option like the Surf Sanger.

sandm
12-02-2009, 11:29 AM
I've seen pics of epic boats inside. no thanks on the seadeck. I'll take a good finished floor with snapout carpet. that would be a nice feature..

mb's ballast would be icing on the cake. no tank system to replace bags. that just doesn't make sense to me..

I would be intrigued to see the 3tab surf option working. I believe that mastercraft went this way on the '10 x2. really wouldn't be a hard mod, just somewhat expensive, so the results would have to be huge to offset the costs..

Razzman
12-02-2009, 12:32 PM
My 2 cents? I'm all for the Seadek floor. The carpet is crap and always looks that way unless you constantly want to shampoo it. Even then it's only good for a few years before it starts wearing and then what? Well being as it's one piece layed into the hull before joining you can't replace it as a whole. In fact you can't replace it where a seam can't be seen. Snap out isn't any better imo. When my carpet wears to the point where i can't stand it anymore i'll definately look at a Seadek alternative if viable. I was in an Epic at last years boat show and liked it.

Sanger's 3 surf tab system works awesome on the V237 which is a large boat and creates a very big smooth clean wave. But it also weighs in at 4,150 lbs @ 23' 5", hence the reason for the idea in the first place. By comparison the XLV is 3,600 lbs. @ 23'. Sanger also had to design a swim platform just for the 3 tab application and consequently it's small and almost V shaped. They also beefed the transom area to handle the stresses applied. By comparison the Sanger V215 weighs 3,200 lbs about the same as an LSV. The point is not all boats would be able to use it. A good buddy has a Sanger V215 and it doesn't need it nor do i thing it would even work on it as it drops to the rubrail as it is.

newty
12-02-2009, 12:55 PM
The Tab system would be nice for the wake but I want it to help the boat track a little better. Even when we are cruising I have to make people move around the boat to get it to ride even and stop it from having that funky steering feeling.

I've seriously considered the seadeck but I'm concerned about the access panels in the floor and how they would look with the gaps there. I've thought about rhino lining (or similar) then a snap out on top. I just want it to look good, and I'm sick of the way it looks now. I tried shampooing it this fall but with the loop style carpet it made it worse.

sandm
12-02-2009, 12:58 PM
I've seen a few pics of the interiors of the epics with some "mishaps" on the seadek, and our local redline rental dealer has 2 epics in his fleet that get "hard" use since they are membership rentals. imo, the seadek doesn't really stand up that well to hard use. on the swimdeck, you really aren't eating, drinking and have the traffic with sandals or shoes that you do in the boat.
now maybe seadek then snapout on top? that would be intriguing....

snap-out would be a nice option, as for a few bills, you can get new carpet every couple years. I really don't know what to do once our carpet needs replaced. I guess it's cut around the interior and just replace the main floor? I can't even imagine trying to separate the hull/deck to do a wall-to-wall job...

Razzman
12-02-2009, 01:35 PM
I really don't know what to do once our carpet needs replaced. I guess it's cut around the interior and just replace the main floor? I can't even imagine trying to separate the hull/deck to do a wall-to-wall job...

I recarpeted my last boat, a direct drive, and that was a pain as it is. Cutting out the main section would be the only way i can see and with the rubber base molding that could really be a pain!

I have seen carpet protectors which are basically a layover carpet that has a border stitched all around and is shaped like the floor. The only problem with those is water can get under and start mold/mildew unless you pull it constantly.

tazz3069
12-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Speaking of carpets. I really like the Sanger Carpet. Very Nice. I also like my buddies snap in carpet in his Centurion. He pulls it out, washes it, lets it dry and brand new. Snaps it back in and we are ready for the next trip. My boat is two years old, with 80 hrs on it and the carpet loks like I had the boat for 10 years. I would love to change it out myself.

Jon
12-04-2009, 01:18 PM
If you want to see detailed pictures of options and read how they work, download the 2010 Moomba Owners manual here: http://moomba.com/downloads/

deerfield
12-04-2009, 10:13 PM
2010 Moomba Owners manual

Check out page 31 of the 2010 manual. Picture that accompanies discussion specific to speed settings for a slalom course is a guy being pulled ON A WAKEBOARD! As a die hard skier, I am offended. What's with that, Skiers Choice?

Ian Brantford
12-05-2009, 12:53 PM
If you want to see detailed pictures of options and read how they work, download the 2010 Moomba Owners manual here: http://moomba.com/downloads/

That is a significant improvement over what was available in years past. Thanks.

Razzman
12-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Doesn't show you much at all. I did notice the ski locker is on gas struts though instead of that stupid snap strap and hinges forward instead of to the side.

Still got the ballast switches below the throttle, dumb! :mad:

Did notice however the check engine light on the dash finally! :D