PDA

View Full Version : 2010 plans ?

moombadaze
11-25-2009, 08:41 AM
Well what are your Moomba plans for next summer?

mmandley
11-25-2009, 10:13 AM
I was able to get out side the wake on both sides at the end of summer. This yea its jumping the wakes, going wake to wake, and some basic tricks.

Surfing its going to be rope-less.

General Mommba goal is to get out at least 2xs a week and make twice as many memories and friends as last year.

jmvotto
11-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Pray for SUN for the next 6 months:(

then hit the lake for 3 months

Sled491
11-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Get to Dale Hollow, get to Wolfmans minni Jam, get out skiing at least as much as last summer, get my kids all to there next level of surfing, wakeboarding, and slalom skiing.

sandm
11-27-2009, 07:54 AM
consider myself real good at surfing regular. going to spend next year getting as good at goofy.
wakeboarding plans to jump wake to wake. had that as a goal this last year, but still didn't spend the amount of time boarding as surfing..
I might let my buddy finally talk me into trying waterskiing again :)

PWO
11-27-2009, 09:26 AM
I've been a one-week-a-year skiier/boarder for 20+ years, just getting in whatever I could during vacations on an uncle's boat. Boarding only in the last few years, and some years maybe only 1-2 sets due to either weather or just skiing instead. Skiing has been mostly 2 ski just to get in some easy sets, but have been slaloming a bit more recently but still purely recreational. I'm pretty comfortable on both and cross wakes just fine, but can only so much you can do in 1-2 sets a year :)

However, I just got my first boat though this winter and can't wait to get at it in 2010 and get out more often. My first cut goals are pretty modest. I want to actually take some time to work on some drills to actually slalom (open water) and wakeboard correctly now that I'm learning so much in preparation. Looking back and comparing myself to some videos I'm looking at, I'm pretty incorrect in many of the things I'm doing and want to at least get basic riding/carving correct first. Then, getting some easy course runs and a W2W by August when we head to vacation would be great.

We've also never surfed before (I only even discovered it this year) and want to have that figured out and ropeless before August too.

skiyaker
11-27-2009, 07:05 PM
well I made a contact at the local water ski club so hopefully I'll learn to ski the slalom course (only tried it once before) and I'll be down at Dale Hollow mid to late June; hope to get a dry suit so I can get out early in the season;

Tro
11-27-2009, 09:30 PM
To get my boat quickly after changing manifolds and risers to take profit of one of the best time here in UAE ... Summer is sometime a lit bit hot !!

moombadaze
11-28-2009, 08:57 AM
As long as it's not cold and choppy

That day Jan 1, was rough to say the least.

patrick232
11-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Spending more time on the water and at our condo on Norris Lake.

Drop the rope while surfing for me.
Teach the wife to surf
W2W for my oldest Jacob
Staying up on the wakeboard for my youngest Dylan.

jclevoy
12-01-2009, 01:43 PM
I have a couple goals for 2010:

--Spend 50% of my time wakeboarding instead of 90% of the time surfing.

--Get to the lake at least 3 days a week on average all summer long.

--1st trip to the lake in mid April and last trip mid October

**I have a ROCKIN' stereo system that will be installed hopefully in a couple weeks. Just to give you a taste..........My install guy said that it is going to take at least 3 batteries to power this thing. I am hoping to be one of the top systems on the lake this next summer.http://www.rolexforums.com/images/smilies/agree.gifhttp://www.rolexforums.com/images/smilies/agree.gifhttp://www.rolexforums.com/images/smilies/agree.gif

you da man
12-01-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm brandnew to wake boats in general and just got my new XLV at the end of Sept. GGIII ballast system is getting g installed in about a week or two. My Z5 should be here this week. Got 4 Bullet Hollow Point 770 HLCD tower speakers, 3 JL Audio amps, 3 Deka AGM batteries, and a Pro Mariner 3 bank charger so far for the stereo. Got get the sub, 3 pair of interior speakers, and a EQ/pre-amp before the install. Plan on getting 2 wakesurf boards shortly. As the season progresses I'm going to try to meet some fellow boat owners to share some pulls with.

tazz3069
12-01-2009, 07:50 PM
I plan on taking my companies to the next level and buying a new XLV or Supra.

maxpower220
12-01-2009, 09:07 PM
I would like to run 15' off at 34mph. This year I progressed to 15' off at 32mph.

Start the job search for my next career, starting in 2011. I don't really know what the process of job searching "ski bum" is, but that is what I have to do.

Sled491
12-01-2009, 10:49 PM
I plan on taking my companies to the next level and buying a new XLV or Supra.

Very nice Tazz, Amen to that!

dru1974
12-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Tazz you have a great lookin boat now.....

kaneboats
12-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Get Mrs. Kane surfing. Get all the kids fired up about the water again. Get up to see Wolfeman and to Dale Hollow with Moombadaze. Go visit EdG at least once. Do a long weekend over in "Bama.