PDA

View Full Version : Where do you surf....

mcdye
11-24-2009, 07:29 PM
... on the net related to inboard boats and wakeboarding.

I love to read the forums to learn, contribute, and catch deals. Visiting severals sites daily. Of course my homepage site is here. :D

Other inboard boat sites (Supra, MC, Malibu)
wakeworld.com (love to find more like this one.)

So what is in your favorites?

moombadaze
11-24-2009, 08:44 PM
besides being here hourly it seems, I hit up wakeworld about everyother day, Supra about once a month

sandm
11-24-2009, 08:58 PM
this one WAY too frequently. mostly due to the people/content on this site.
wakeworld every couple of days, but rarely ever post there.
supra once a month or so. seems that site is mainly dedicated to rebuilding the older supras
used to spend time on wakeboarder.com, but have not been there in 8 or 9 months looking.

if a link takes me to another boat manuf. site, then I look, but I don't belong to any other boating sites, although that would change if I was in the market for a new boat.

zabooda
11-24-2009, 09:02 PM
This is it and my boss says I spend too much time here (#(^^&$*@)!#*!) boss just walked by.

deerfield
11-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Moomba board is the only place. Pretty much here at least once a day. I work my way from bottom to top with an eye for the new post so I stay up to date. Favorites are General, Skiing, Boat Owner, Pride & Joy, and Family topics. Don't wakeboard so topic's not a hot button for me. Don't go to other forums. My boat's a Moomba so I hang out here where I feel like I have something in common and a stake in the game. Not much of an Internet person either. Besides Moomba, I check out Fox News and Wall Street Journal online.

deerfield
11-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Spent a few minutes looking at numbers. The Community Forum has 68,762 posts and 4,633 members (according to the Member List). Interesting that approximately 46% of members have zero posts. So, 54% of members account for all of the activity on the Forum. Taking a look at the 54%, this calculates to an average of 27.5 posts each. But in this case average is misleading. More than half (approximately 1,350 members) have only one, two, or three posts each. The pool of those posting ten or more is pretty small and more than one-hundred posts is even smaller. The high end of post activity belongs to just 11 members who have exceeded the 1,000 mark. These eleven account for 25% or 17,045 of the Forum’s posts. Right now two members are in a league of their own: Sled and Kaneboats with 3,088 and 2,201 posts respectively. For those who post, keep up the good work. For those surfing and sitting on the sideline, I encourage you to jump into the game and join the conversation.

zabooda
11-25-2009, 12:31 AM
Great summarization Deerfield and with this post I'm 0.1% closer to 1,000. I've noticed a couple of changes over the last few years and that is a lot less bashing of other people and a lot less discussion about problems with their new boats. The latter is a credit to SC for what appears to be improvements in quality control and to the dealers for fixing problems before they have a chance to bash SC on the board.

moombadaze
11-25-2009, 08:50 AM
Heck, I need to start posting more. I'm taking this street corner over! Watchout.

sandm
11-25-2009, 02:16 PM
wow...
deerfield had a slow day at work :)

good info, and I would guess that %wise, probably sums up a lot of the forums on the interwebs..

newty
11-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Here. Wake World, PDXwake, the 2001. I love seeing all the old nautique builds. I should check out the Supra forum.

deerfield
11-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Actually this is not totally correct, there is someone who has WAY more post than Sled! Take the S and the L off of Sled and you will get the anwer.

zegm - Actually, you're right. But I couldn't find the record. So went with numbers that are available. If I did include Ed's posts, the average for everyone else would look even more stark. He's kind of like the smart kid in school who ruined the test curve for the rest of us. And you know what we did to him during PE......... - Deerfield

Sled491
11-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Can you tell Deerfield is a banker? :) The point just made by Ed should speak volumes. Besides Ed most of us have only been here for a couple years, many members Like Z and such were over a thousand within a year.

My point? The community while seemingly large has a smaller core of enthusiasts, that have come on board just lately and show a maturity and a passion not witnessed before. We represent the future of boating and water sports, which is great. How many talk about how there kids did this or that, and how many post great pics of various forms of participation.

The once great Jamborees of the south are now shadowed by events all around the country and the willlingness of fellow members to hold there own events when none with corporate support can be found (eg/ Wolfmans minni Jam, Ians Michigan jamb).

I now plan vacations to boat with fellow moomba members, and make sure hell of high water I get to my local Jmaboree to show my support! Enough rambling, Welcome all, and glad to have you on board!

moombadaze
11-26-2009, 03:48 PM
I now plan vacations to boat with fellow moomba members

Really glad to hear I'm not the only one.:D Not sure what the summer of 2010 will be, but if its like last year's it will be GREAT!

kaneboats
12-02-2009, 01:17 PM
I like a good fight as much as the next guy. But, it doesn't really solve anything. We have a community spirit here that really is like a family. We help each other and that makes all of us have a better time on the water. I could never buy any other brand at this point. I've made too many great friends here.

I hit the Suntimes and Chicago Tribune sites (still a Bear fan, even now). I visit ebay and Craigslist all the time. I don't do any other boating sites and certainly not the manufacturers' sites.

wolfeman131
12-02-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm here and BuckeyeXtra just about every day.

I don't post much, 'cause I don't know much. But I read and learn as much as I can.

jclevoy
12-03-2009, 07:29 AM
I like forums. One of my other passions is swiss watches. I frequent Watchuseek and Rolexforums and have actually been on a scuba diving trip with 10 other members from watchuseek. It was down to GrandCayman and was one of the best vacations that I have ever been on. A great group of people.:)

I have had a pontoon for the past 6 or 7 years, but the kids are now old enough to start skiing. We finally took the plunge and sold the pontoon........and REALLY upgraded to something better IMHO. I hope to become more of a regular fixture around here.

kaneboats
12-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Well, Jason, we're glad to have you on here too. A bunch of us are coming to see you next summer.

adsman
12-06-2009, 12:40 PM
This forum gets most of my attention... But I've browsed wakeworld and head over to wakeoutlaws now and again

adsman
12-06-2009, 12:43 PM
This forum gets most of my attention... But I've browsed wakeworld and head over to wakeoutlaws now and again

And I forgot... GCWA (gulf coast wakeboarder association)... Houston's local board

dru1974
12-06-2009, 02:35 PM
I went there the other day to have a look and the forum is just like here but I noticed a couple of guys under every post were discussing prescription drugs and so forthe.....was wierd every post was about a manufature or whatever and some were in a foreign language