PDA

View Full Version : AWS Evening with the Stars Event.

mmandley
11-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Hello everyone. It seemed i was the only one who brought a camera. SLACKERS!!

Bare with me as i post a ton of photos. < i can see my post whore score going even higher now.. :D >

First i would like to throw a big thanks out to AWS for having this event.

Warren < Owner >
Matt R. < General Manager >
Matt V. < Service Manager >
Gerry O < Sales Manager >

Rick T < President of SC >

It was a really great event. AWS took there entire service garage and turned it into a boat show event. They had 8 boats in the main area. 1 more in the back room where the food and drink was.

Lots of people where there, it was so packed you could barley walk threw at times. Warren, Rick T did some talking and lots of prizes were giving out to the crowd.

T-shirts, wake boards, wake board boots, skis, towels, sweaters, hoodies, wake board rope and handle, wake surf rope and handle, and lots of other things i cant recall.

Exile was there to show there gear.

Brian - great meeting you man and putting a face to the name. nice to meet the guy from Kingpin you were with, wish i could remember his name.

PDX people who were there, Myself, Cab-AL, Newty-Ryan, RobertJ-Robert, lots of the regulars from the PDX crew where there. Only ones i knew were Guy, and John.

As for prizes i wont a PDX.com T-shirt. Claudia won a Phantom pro wake board rope and handle > sweet we wanted a new one <

Ok on with the pics.

1. This says it all about AWS.
2. Some new 2010 Banners on Display

mmandley
11-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Pictures of the Boats.

mmandley
11-21-2009, 10:28 AM
More Boats

mmandley
11-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Picture 1. This says it all about Malibu.

Picture 2 Clauida by the 2010 LSV
Picture 3 Claudia by the 2010 OBV
Picture 4 Robert J and his son.

mmandley
11-21-2009, 10:35 AM
Picture 3. Robert, Ryan and Me
Picture 4 Ryan, Rick T, and Me

mmandley
11-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Last but not least.

Ryan Brian < Exile > Me

Just want to say one more time thanks to all those who made this happen, it was a great event and i was glad to see so many of the NW Crew there. AL you snuck out before we could get a picture of you bro. Those of you that where there we missed, we need to hook up and have a beer and talk boats or cars, women, what ever LOL.

Great event AWS and Thank You Rick T for flying out to Portland Friday, then flying back to Tenn on Saturday.

sandm
11-21-2009, 11:35 AM
thanks for the pics.
love the red/white supra standing up...

jester
11-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Mike, Looks like AWS had another great event.

newty
11-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks for posting, and uh... bringing the only camera!
It was really great seeing everyone and meeting Brian from Exile, Rick from SC.
I could talk stereo stuff for hours with Brian. The guy is a wealth of knowledge!
Next year we need to have our own tailgate party out there along side PDX wake guys!

Fun night for sure!!

moombadaze
11-21-2009, 02:37 PM
Looks like a mini boat show, thanks for the sharing the photos. Thats a impresive event they put on--wish more dealers were like that.

newty
11-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Pretty much was. It was a blast.

Hey Mmandley should we break the news to Ed about his boat?:p

mmandley
11-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Pretty much was. It was a blast.

Hey Mmandley should we break the news to Ed about his boat?:p

I don't know man. I think we need to wait till get gets a little too cocky about his OBV again before we drop the bomb on him.

moombadaze
11-21-2009, 03:02 PM
What was that, that the #1 selling boat in the Moomba line up, the LSV is selling so well that the outback v is be discontinuid.:)

mmandley
11-21-2009, 03:07 PM
What was that, that the #1 selling boat in the Moomba line up, the LSV is selling so well that the outback v is be discontinuid.:)

Naa the OBV is a big money maker. This one is even better. Kinda leads back to the conversation me and Ed had about the Surfing between OBV and LSV. The one that we had before the site crashed and deleted it. I think that was an omen LOL.

moombadaze
11-21-2009, 03:12 PM
dont remember that one

cab13367
11-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Mike/Newty,

I looked for you guys briefly around 8:30 when I left but couldn't find you. As Mike says, there were so many people there that it was hard to get around at time. Definitely an impressive show though, they really pulled out all the stops.

Newty, sorry I missed ya. We'll have to catch up another time.

Do share with us what you guys heard about the OBV. I was about to put my LSV on the market and get an OBV so that I have the "best surfing boat in the Moomba line". Yeah right :) !

BTW, they had a 2010 Mobius LSV there that had a "tonight only" price of $52k, which was about $5k down from sticker I think. They also had a 2010 MB F21Tomcat like the one pictured below with a "tonight only" price of $52k which was $25K down from sticker. It has 1800 lbs of under the floor ballast with no pumps (fills in 60 seconds), 343HP 5.7 engine, etc. I was in the market right now, I would be hard pressed not choosing the MB over the Moomba for the same price. I chatted with the president of MB for a bit and he was telling me how they were getting really agressive on price to move their boats (obviously).

Al

http://www.mbsports.net/images/overhead_f21tomcat_top.jpg

mmandley
11-21-2009, 08:38 PM
White with black trim on the MB. Did you hear Al they sold that MB a Malibu and 2 Moombas last night. Even thought that 2010 was 52k I'll still keep my LSV over it. It had every option my boat does mnus the 2010 standard upgrades mainly being in tank fuel pump and new ballast pumps andMBQuart head unit.

jester
11-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Ok Mike and Newty. No more games. What is the news about the OBV. Don't make me drive to Portland tonight to get it out of you ;)

RobertJ
11-21-2009, 11:58 PM
Mike and Newty it was great to see you guys. I agree the event was awesome. Bought my son a new Ronix set-up and spent alot of time just hanging around. Got to meet Danny Harf and he is an impressive guy. He signed my boys new boots, new hat, and new 1260 poster. We also had Rusty Malonski, he regognized me from the last boat show (really impressed my 13 year old son), sign his other boot.

Hats off to all the AWS guys as well including Dan Lay along with his new bride, Greg "Awesome" Waters, Spencer "Wake" Welch, John Vincent and the rest of the gang.

Sorry it took me so long to post but got home last night at 11:30pm and had to take the youngest, 7,to an all day wrestling tournament. He took first in his bracket 58 pounds. We got there at 8:00 and left at 6:15pm.

Ed, the secret about the OBV is a special button you can push to make the to make the surf wake get huge. Rick was telling us they hide things in the boats just like the secrets in X-box games. I think Newty or Mike can sell you the secret decoder. I am pretty sure Rick gave it to them last night when I went to go get a Diet Pepsi. That is why I missed the picture with Rick, Ryan and Mike.

newty
11-22-2009, 12:32 AM
Rick told us that Ed special ordered the OBV owner goggles as an option with his OBV. The goggles give you the impression that you boat is superior to all other SC products.
Rick went on to explain that, although the OBV was a great boat, the LSV was the most versitile, and best surf boat out of the box. Ed just hasn't realized it yet.
I asked Rick what his personal boat was and... you guessed it, an LSV!
Sorry Ed, we had a little fun at your expence.:p

mmandley
11-22-2009, 12:36 AM
Dammit Newty you said we wernt gonna tell because well well we just wernt!!!

Brianinpdx
11-22-2009, 01:53 AM
Nice to meet all of you at AWS. Was nice to put faces with names and such. I had a great time chatting with the masses.

cheers!

-Brian
Exile Audio

RickT
11-23-2009, 12:48 PM
They are lying ED!!!!

Never believe them. My favorite boat is always the last one leaving the plant! :)

newty
11-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Rick! I want my hundred bucks back!;)

RobertJ
11-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Rick T, it was great to meet you.

If you favorite boat is the "last one that leaves the plant" then the answer to what is normally your favorite boat would be the model that leaves the plant the most. Is it the LSV or the Outback V? I think I have heard the LSV is the most popular model, hence your favorite more often.:D