PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to Buy 06-07 GMC Sierrra 2500HD

viking
11-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Hey - anybody know where I can get one of these for decent price?
Looking for 2006 or 2007 Duramax 2500HD
6.6L
Allison Transmission
Crew Cab
50K miles or less
Leather
Loaded - pwr everything, heated seats ect..
rear dvd entertainment
I'm anal about my rigs and very picky so it needs to be mint.
Thanks!!

Razzman
11-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Viking, your dreaming, you know that right? Late model Duramax for a good price mint! Ha! ... Just screwing with ya! :D

Seriously i found the best prices at ... ready for this? ... Carmax! seriously they have some real nice late model trucks at wholesale prices, i was shocked!

Better yet if it's that one their facilities away from you they charge a very nominal fee imo to get it to you! Check 'em out!

viking
11-20-2009, 01:43 AM
Thanks Razzman - I'll check it out. I'm not in a hurry so I've got that going for me :) Just looking for the right deal!

zabooda
11-20-2009, 04:59 AM
You might find it easier and almost as cheap to buy new. Many of the trucks have been modified and some of those systems may be another $15K like my friends truck but we hauled a quad and a three bike trailer with three bikes on it inside a fifth wheel and still got around 10 mpg with the computer chip changeout. The wheelbase was too long to do some serious rock crawling though.

Sled491
11-26-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm with razz on this one, you can probably do better new than the 06/07 for pricing. Also wasn't the 06 Duramax a lemon?

viking
11-26-2009, 05:23 PM
05 was bad. In late 06 and 07 they upgraded the engine with more power and quieter. I've actually found quite a few of them around $30K loaded to the hilt. The key is finding them with lower miles.
:)

Sled491
12-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Always the key!

viking
12-02-2009, 09:05 PM
think I've got one!! 27K miles. Ye Haw!!

kaneboats
12-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Oh! That would be nice. Be sure to post pics with you in the cab showing your pearly whites if the mileage is right.

viking
12-23-2009, 04:19 PM
It's not with me sitting in the cab but here she is.
Merry Christmas to me!!! :)

deerfield
12-23-2009, 05:08 PM
It's not with me sitting in the cab but here she is.
Merry Christmas to me!!! :)

Hey, Viking - Very cool. Looks like an excellent tow vehicle. It needs to be. It'll be towing the ultimate boat in the Moomba line up: OUTBACK! - Deerfield

Sled491
12-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Nice Helo Max rims :). Now you'll be able run up and down any mountain you want!

bamaspiveys
12-28-2009, 01:05 AM
Hey, Viking and anyone else running a duramax,

Look into the Edge Juice products, a close friend of mine runs this product on his 2004 2500, the extra power is amazing and the fuel mileage is even better. My wife drove a 1 ton for several years without the chip and I will never own another diesel without this product installed.

Sled491
01-04-2010, 04:07 PM
I looked at the edge products for my Power Stroke. I was impressed, but need to get other things done to it first.

mmandley
01-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Another company to look into for your GAS and Diesel engine performance is

http://dygytalworld.ehost-services139.com/php/

I use there Gryphon computer in my truck. When i set it to Tow Tune and hook the boat, when pulling away from a stop light i can still pull away faster then the average person at the stoplight.

Its amazing low end toque is realy felt. I can literally stomp the gas so hard my tires will try to spin even with the boat back there. It has really came in handy when in traffic, pulling onto the freeway, and going up all the hills in Portland.

Once more this is a private owned company and you speak directly with the owners with any issue and they work threw everything with you. When i originally got my computer last spring it wouldn't work at all. Found it to be the harness that goes from the computer to the truck computer input under your dash. PHP called me personally and we troubleshooted the issue and they sent me all the new gear i needed to make sure i was satisfied.

The computer they gave me is a multi display unit, i can have 4 different reading at once displayed. I personally use Economy ave, Instant economy, Trans Fluid Temp, and Engine Load. Theirs more then 20 settings it will display for you.

I have mine custom tuned for 87 gas and it tuned to my upgrades for my truck.

I have a JLT Ram Air cold induction intake system.
Flomaster duel 3inch exhaust.

The second setting on my computer is Performance, designed for when im not towing the boat. This tunes the truck for optimum performance across the entire RPM range. When i say i was impressed im not kididng. When i first got all this stuff installed and when for a drive, the seat in the pants feeling is unreal.

From a stand still i can punch the gas and it easily spins my big 285/65/18 BF All Terrains. When going up the on ramps to the free way you can stomp it and easily be doing 70 by the end of the ramp, when passing others, its no issue up hill or down hill. I drove to Utah over the summer and set the cruise and never had to take it off going up hill, it just powers up and then down.

I can only imagine how good there Diesel versions are after having a gas version.

Best thing is once you own there programmers the more you upgrade your rig, engine, trans, exhaust, tires, they will keep upgrading your tune to fit your upgrades. Always maximizing your engine performance.

viking
01-07-2010, 01:08 AM
I've already got the PPE programmer and MBRP 4" exhaust. From what I've read the PPE is one of the best "canned" programmers out there for the duramax. The other BEST is the EFI Live that you can tune infantly from a laptop. I personally just like to set it and go.

The PPE has several (9 i think) pre-set tunes and anything over 4 you need to start running some other mods like a lift pump, shim kit, fuel rail, and tranny mods as it starts to starve for fuel and hard on the stock tranny.

I run mine on economy right now and avg. about 17mpg.

Got a pyrometer and boost guage set in a pillar pod coming and next in order is a lift kit and new rims/tires.

When does it stop...............Never!! :)

Sled491
01-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Got a pyrometer and boost guage set in a pillar pod coming and next in order is a lift kit
When does it stop...............Never!! :)[/QUOTE]

You got that right. I had new rims and tires ordered before I left the dealer :)