PDA

View Full Version : Getting impatient!!!!!!

dru1974
11-17-2009, 06:10 PM
I dont know about you all but I cant wait till summer already. My new boat will be here in a few short weeks and if it remains snow free i may pick it up before christmas. sweeeeet! I may sleep in it the first night "dont want it to be alone in a new home"

Until then I really enjoy looking at your photo's from boating in the summer and pic's of your boats and mod's. keep em comin fella's

deerfield
11-17-2009, 06:46 PM
I may sleep in it the first night

dru - Only the first night? I pretty much tied myself to mine for the first week. And, of course, we need PICTURES! - Deerfield

Sled491
11-19-2009, 12:00 AM
Ohhh, Medicine Hat, I'm thinking pretty slim chance of that. Unless of course you subscribe to the whole global warming thing :)

Yea lets see some pics!

bjames
11-19-2009, 01:08 PM
Hey fellow Albertan... I feel your pain... I too cannot wait:(

Brianinpdx
11-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Dru - I was just up in Calgary Training Audio Retailers on our marine stuff last week and I have to say, holy cold! Thenwe went up to Edmonton and it was so cold myfingers where going to freeze off. And everyone said, "this is nothing! Wait until January, then its cold!" How long of boating season do you have up there man!

You gotta be jealous of Ed in Florida! whoa!

-Brian

Mikey
11-19-2009, 10:34 PM
To Brian i'm curious as to which retailers you were dealing with as it seems very few actually sell much MARINE grade stereo equipment. Only one place i know of sells Wetsounds for instance. A couple box stores sell CRAP. so i'm curious as to where to go.

dru1974
11-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Where is a good place up here to get reasonabley priced stereo gear....I have been ordering 90 percent of my perchasing out of the states as canadian dealers overcharge for there products on a huge scale.

example- wakeboard delivered too my door with exchange and shipping 329.00. in Calgary alberta 679.00.

been lookin omline at some decent tower speakers but do like to spend money up here if possible

Sled491
11-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Ya good luck with that. I feel your pain. I moved to the states over 12 yrs ago now and am always floored how much stuff costs when I go home, and sometimes some of it is real Crap! To bad Canadian Tire doesn't deal in Marine stereos :D

Mikey
11-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Actually i wasn't asking who to buy from. I'm more interested in knowing if any of our local shops are carrying decent products etc as most local stuff is not Marine rated etc and the few that do carry marine stuff is usually cheap low end products. One place i know of deals in wetsound as does one dealer but i really hate to deal with them so i'm just curious if theres some dealers i'm not aware of. Marine or car etc.
As for pricing thats a whole different matter. As mentioned our prices are rediculous so why wouldn't i go internet etc. Yes i would love to support and do, local shops when prices are comparable but lots of products there is just way to big of a price difference.
Going back to above question it would be nice to know of someone local you can talk to and see products etc and then we could work on prices etc. So far it seem most products that are available is CRAP.
Brian just mentioned doing a seminar or something so thats what caught my interest that he may or maynot know who i could go see to find some decent products, otherwise i probably will go internet or whatever mostly due to lack of product availability.