PDA

View Full Version : Ballast won't empty....

JayhawkLSV
11-14-2009, 11:55 PM
On the last run of the season, my center ballast filled but would not empty. It appears that the fuse is okay at the toggle. There is no sound from the pump. Since the ballast is full, I cannot get to the pump (in the same floor compartment). I have a 2004 Mobius LSV. Any ideas to get it to drain so that I can evaluate the pump???

yearround
11-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Can you get to the fittingon the bag? Then disconnect and drains to the bilge. Or disconnect at the valve and drain from there then your bilge will pump out or drain. My $.50

Bcoutsfly
11-15-2009, 04:21 AM
Same thing happened to me. Just disconnect and stand on it so it empties into the bilge. You can buy an 800gph replacement at Wally World for $15.

tazz3069
11-16-2009, 09:12 AM
It appears that the fuse is okay at the toggle. There is no sound from the pump.

Did you by chance check the fuse block under the dash. There should be a block with six fuses. 3 for the solenoids and 3 for the drain pumps. Start there. Also, does the switch light up when it is depressed in the empty positions? If not, then it is either the breaker and if that is not tripped, then it is the fuse under the dash. I hope this helps.