PDA

View Full Version : Reminiscing of a summer gone by...

GeauxTigers
11-11-2009, 12:43 AM
As I took my snow skis to get waxed this past Saturday, I could not help but relive, in my mind, the good times we had this summer. I thought about how much fun we had this past summer. The two oldest kids can now wakeboard and they are giving me advice on what to do to get on the stupid board. I can still show them up on the surfboard though! I stink at wakeboarding, period!

These are some pictures of one of our Lake Powell trips. In another two or three weeks, I will probably be on the slopes. Go figure!

DOCDRS
11-11-2009, 01:05 AM
As I took my snow skis to get waxed this past Saturday, I could not help but relive, in my mind, the good times we had this summer. I thought about how much fun we had this past summer. The two oldest kids can now wakeboard and they are giving me advice on what to do to get on the stupid board. I can still show them up on the surfboard though! I stink at wakeboarding, period!

These are some pictures of one of our Lake Powell trips. In another two or three weeks, I will probably be on the slopes. Go figure!

WOW , i was down there last november, what a great pic of the boat against the red rock .....truly beautiful and i remember the scenery well.....i'll have to get a pic of my boat against the black grey granite we have here in muskoka canada next summer....thanks for the pics:)

GeauxTigers
11-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Remember - you got on the water - far as wakeboarding - practice practice practice - those are some great pics - Not certain about the fishing part - Kids do diversify the "portfolio"... I've not been to lake powell but it's on the list - enjoy the slopes and look forward to warmer weather - that epitomizes what it's all about - good times... nicely done and thanks for sharing - good looking set-up!

Yup, you're right about that. Last year, I tore up my rotator cuff so I couldn't do anything. This year, I am 25 lbs lighter but 1 year older.... LOL! I am able to get up but stuff happens so fast that I can't seem to keep my balance before I face plant. Practice, practice, practice, I guess. Will try again in the Spring.
The boat looks even better now with the Wetsounds hanging from it! Thanks for the props! If you ever get down this way, give me a holler.
Ya'll have a great winter!!!

GeauxTigers
11-12-2009, 12:06 AM
How's come you don't do the ski's yourself?

In the good 'ole days, I used to work at a Pittsburgh ski shop (Willi's) as a ski mechanic and running shoe salesperson.

Ed:
You are a most multi-faceted man! I love that. It's only $5 so I figure I will help the local economy and save myself the hassle. The kids I take 'em to do a good job, so why not?
:D

jimmobius
11-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Lake Powell is something else. Too bad I am 500 miles away from it. No trip this season , my friend with the house boat there couldn't get any time off this season to enjoy it . Maybe next year for sure. Jim.

OrangeOutback20
11-17-2009, 07:25 PM
$5 bucks is a deal and no mess to clean up after