PDA

View Full Version : New York

deerfield
11-10-2009, 01:01 AM
Thursday I was in New York. Across the street from the corporate headquarters is Bryant Park. For those of you who do not watch Project Runway, this is the place where every September a huge tent is put up for fashion week. I only know about this because my wife watches the show. Anyway, a block away is Times Square in all its JumboTron glory. I "happened" to have my camera so was taking pictures. Right smack in the heart of Times Square, across from the NYPD, is an armed forces recruiting station. It was not what I expected to find and stopped me in my tracks. The sign is big, bold, and there for the whole world to see. I like that. Wednesday we celebrate Veterans Day. To those on this board who serve, have served, or have sons, daughters, or spouses serving today in the military, a big THANK YOU.

kaneboats
11-10-2009, 01:49 PM
To those on this board who serve, have served, or have sons, daughters, or spouses serving today in the military, a big THANK YOU.

I Second that one in a big way. I'd also add those who have ever had parents, sons, daughters, etc. who served. I salute you! Thank you for all you do!

moombadaze
11-10-2009, 04:49 PM
I Second that one in a big way. I'd also add those who have ever had parents, sons, daughters, etc. who served. I salute you! Thank you for all you do!

well said and a big Thank you to those who have and are serving.

Sled491
11-11-2009, 11:19 PM
I can't say enough! Way to go.