PDA

View Full Version : Boat show incentives

TL7
11-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Anyone have any insight as to what the incentives may be for the boat shows? I know the big boat show here in Houston is in January, and we are looking to trade our 07 Outback for an LSV. Just trying to get a feel for what to expect. Been trying to sell, but no luck so far.

thrilla
11-14-2009, 11:38 AM
TL7,

I'm a Salesman at Rinker's Boat World in Houston and I wanted to let you know that we have a couple 2009 LSV's remaining in inventory that we have heavily discounted going into the Boat Show season. The Boat Show Incentives from Moomba are usually announced just prior to January to keep our competitors at bay and they motivate people to 'Buy' at the Show! The Boat Show promotion from Moomba has always been a great sales tool for us at the shows and we aticipate this year to be the same, if not better!

Our dealership has found that for the last couple of years, while the boat show incentives are a great value, our carry-over inventory is the first to sell! With only 2 2009 LSV's remaining in our inventory, they will likely be the first to go since this is our best seller in the Moomba line-up!

One thing you may want to consider is that we do take trades and with Rinker's Boat World being the local Houston dealer, we know the value of your Moomba trade better than anyone. You can contact me anytime to discuss the options that we have or if you want to order a boat exactly the way you want it.

Regards,

Trey Tiller
Sales Consultant
Rinker's Boat World
281-847-0064

TL7
11-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Hey Trey this is Taft - we've talked a few times before but we've always been a few thousand off. Which boats do you have left and how "motivated" are they? We've been trying (half heartedly - posted on Wakeworld and OnlyInboards) to sell ours, but have drawn the line in the sand that if we still have it at the boat show we are trading. Don't want another summer of filling up sacs on the floor! Depending on what color schemes you have available, I'd love to get a deal done.

For anyone in the Houston area - Rinker's has been nothing short of outstanding as a dealer. The few issues we've had with our boat they have taken care of us without hesitating. I may be jeopardizing leverage here, but unless we find a good used boat Rinker's is our dealer of choice and we have no plans of leaving the family.

csm
11-17-2009, 06:21 PM
I'll also throw in my 2 cents on Rinkers... Awesome dealership. I bought my LSV used from a private seller, but they've always treated me like I bought from them when I've brought it in for service.

I recently had them update my stereo/speakers/amps/batteries/equalizer, and i couldn't have been more pleased. They have a guy that does really really clean good work, and it sounds awesome. I even brought in all of my own components, and they didn't try to upsell me on anything... just did the work.

Good luck with the purchase TL7. Hopefully the price is right on the 09 LSVs... I would be all over it if the timing was right.

thrilla
11-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Hey Taft,

I think the last time we talked was at the on-water demo on Lake Conroe in August? Hope your fall has been going well, we've actually seen some late retail surge heading into the home stretch, my bank account has appreciated it!

The 2, 2009 LSV's remaining in our inventory are on our web-site, www.rinkersboatworld.com, and we have several pictures of each boat. I can't discuss pricing over the forum but I can tell you that it's more aggressive than it's been all year! I'll be happy to discuss pricing with you in person and you can reach me anytime here at the dealership!

Thanks for the nice comments about our dealership, we just like to treat people how we like to be treated, pretty simple formula!

Trey

Roachman
11-20-2009, 12:21 PM
You need to pick up that Supra 22V that they have wrapped (same design as the first one wrapped by zdecals)

I agree they gave me a great trade in value.