PDA

View Full Version : boat wont go above 3000 rpm

yearround
11-09-2009, 06:01 PM
one of the threads that was deleted, but here is my situation:
ran the boat down on gas really low a couple weeks ago, filled up, stopped at $100, didn't run the card again as it was 38 +/-, so pretty full.

ran that day, put a few hours on the engine, everything was fine.

one week later (this past saturday) ran a rider, fine, 2nd rider, started fine, crashed, took off, would not go above 3000 rpm. temps and pressure seemed fine, looked briefly at them did not notice anything out of the ordinary.

turned off PP, still 3000 rpm. dripped rider, let him float in the cool water for a bit, took off, high rpm, no prob

next rider, took of fine, crashed, picked up to ride again, 3000 rpm.

engine just hit 200 hrs so oil change, fuel filter, etc are getting changed this week.

any thoughts? what else should i look for?

jester
11-09-2009, 09:02 PM
I think it was said before all the posts went away but try checking the injectors. Also I would check the fuel filter.

mustangairchair
11-11-2009, 08:09 PM
if the cable from the perfect pass is not set right it will do this i had to manualy wrap it the one time. try cable reset and see what happens with that

yearround
11-14-2009, 11:53 PM
Changed the oil and fuel filter. Oil changed I got just under 4.5 qts out. So I may have been down abt a half qt. Ran to the lake today for a test. All was good.