PDA

View Full Version : Exile Tek Session - Moomba Jam PNW

Brianinpdx
11-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Ok guys - (where did the previous thread go lol..cant find)

I spoke to a few people on here about wanting to get together etc and I was going to try to firm up a get together date to meet at the Exile factory (lake Oswego Oregon). How does SUN NOV 8th @ 1pm sound?

2 hours Max of discussion, teaching, tech tips on how to tune your stereo, understanding ground loops, gain structure and the like. Exile will host and provide snacks and maybe even a beer or two if people find my frig in my office.

I was going to speak to the guys next door that do winterization and see if we could swing everyone a deal locally. I've heard they come highly recommended.

Let me know if you can make it so i can get an accurate tally. Also let me know if you want to bring your boat and we can use it for training purposes.

Cheers

-Brian

sandm
11-02-2009, 03:37 PM
300 mile drive, but might give us something to do for the weekend.
wouldn't mind meeting some other peeps..

waiting to see how many more are going to show up..

viking
11-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Damn,
That's terrific! Wish I wasn't so far away - I'd be in for sure!
Anybody that attends please share some knowledge and info.
Thanx

mmandley
11-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Brian heres the link for that other thread.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=9513

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?p=78794#post78794

I can do Sunday the 8th.

I actually was planning on having the boat Winterized next week so id be interested in hearing from the peeps that do it your referring to.

Also i would be more then happy to bring my boat down. We can use it as a test and tune model. I can show up a hour or so early even that way we can get it preped for people to get in and look at what your wanting to do. I actually just ordered all new Polk DB651's for the cabin and they should be here Thursday and i can get those installed and would be prefect because they need to be re-tuned on the amps.

Id even be willing to remove my KMT6 and let you mount some Exiles up there and hook them up for a sound test :D

Let me know man. I can get in touch with you personally if you like. Just need a number or something.

cab13367
11-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Brian,

Thanks for the generous offer. I am in for sure. If Mike wants to bring his boat as the test subject, that's fine with me as I won't have my new amps installed yet.

Let us know once the tech session is confirmed.

Thanks again.

Al

jester
11-03-2009, 02:22 PM
I might be able to make it up for this. Sounds like a good time.

cab13367
11-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Anyone else going to make it?? C'mon guys, let's make it worth Brian's time.

Thx,

Al

sandm
11-05-2009, 12:35 PM
I'd be there now in a heartbeat any other sunday, but we just posted a saturday schedule and maybe sunday this week, and it's my rotation to close the building, so I'm stuck at work until 10pm saturday. not enough time to make the drive.

any other weekend or later in the year and I'm all over it.

mmandley
11-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Good news is I spoke to Brian and he wants to postpon this another week or so. That way more peeps can make it. He is in Seattle right now and is going to post some more info. From what he said this will be a lot more then a learning exp on amp and speaker wiring. I don't want to lead onto everything he told me he wants to do but it sounded realy cool.

Maybe if we can all agree to Sunday the 15th more can go? I'd be will g to try and coordinate this also.

Post if the 15th is good and hopefully Brian chimes in this weekend on this project

sandm
11-05-2009, 03:44 PM
I can make that date. much better than this one..
I hope that this is MUCH more than how to wire speakers and amps. I, personally, know that topic and in the boat world, you're not likely to be wiring 16 speakers series/parallel into a high current 2ch amp for a .5ohm load.

the topics listed in his first post are all things I'd like to further my knowledge on, not to mention hearing a set of hlcd's in person..

on a side note, possibly a skiers social hour on saturday night?

cab13367
11-05-2009, 04:04 PM
I can't make the 15th, son has a hockey game in Eugene, but I can make Saturday the 14th.

mmandley
11-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Like to bump this up to the top again.

Who all wants to attend this event?

When is the best day, days for you?

There was talk about this Sunday the 15th but i know Al cant make it. I'd like to see who all is interested so i cant help Brian set a good time to do this. When i spoke to him he said doesn't have to be right now, can be a few weeks out with the Holidays people are getting busy.

Please post and list days that are good so hopefully we can set something up that everyone can attend.

PM me or post here please.

I was thinking maybe 12-13 maybe? Good thing is we are having a big Tamale making party at our house on 12-12 and we would have lots of fresh tamales to share :D

Thanks

Mike

cab13367
11-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Mike,

Whatever day is chosen, someone's not going to be able to make it so I think we just pick a day and hope as many as possible can make it. Sat and Sun are not good for me cause my son has hockey on those days and I am one of the assistant coaches so I don't like to miss it. The times and location vary so it will be hit or miss for me. But if that's what works for most, I understand.

And sooner rather than later is better for me, preferably before Thanksgiving as I plan to do my stereo/2nd battery install Thanksgiving week.

Thanks,

Al

Brianinpdx
11-10-2009, 05:24 PM
oh boy. did you say Tamales? *ahem, you can come any day and we'll give you the answers to the audio universe. haha!

My nanny makes tamale's from time to time and I always try to buy some. yum stuff.

So did we have any kind of consensus on a time? would you guys like to do an evening instead of weekend? could do that to

mmandley
11-10-2009, 07:29 PM
oh boy. did you say Tamales? *ahem, you can come any day and we'll give you the answers to the audio universe. haha!

My nanny makes tamale's from time to time and I always try to buy some. yum stuff.

So did we have any kind of consensus on a time? would you guys like to do an evening instead of weekend? could do that to

Haha my house keeper makes them also. Course she happens to be my other half as well. We made 80lbs last year and i know we will have tons more this year. I have no problem giving them away to people. Thats part of the reason we make so many.

Anyhow i can do a Monday evening as well. I know Al said Monday evenings work for him.

If i can figure out how do do a Poll ill see if i can set one up to get some answers.