PDA

View Full Version : New Boat Mobious or Outback

LSV04
11-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Hey Guys-Thinking about a trade on a new boat for next spring. Love my LSV , I got the wake perfect on this boat for some basic inverts & spins. No one here is going pro.I also know my way around the engine now thanks to this site. As far as the wake goes, Im satisfied. And other than shaft packing and impeller Ive never had a problem after 350 hours!!! I dont really care much about the bells and whistles(but need perfect pass) on a new boat.
But I know its a great time to buy a boat. My buddy works at a Tige dealer so I could get a decent deal but still be paying 15-20 thousand more than a Moomba. The Tige looks beautiful. The upholstery,gauges stereo , hull ect. Are Moombas still best priced boat? Would you go with the Mobious. ? I was told the LSV Outback and Mobious are basically same hull.? Dealer I bought from in 2004 wasnt very informative. Anyway, money is an issue and I dont want to spend over 50G and I must stay no bigger than 22ft. Any feedback appreciated.

you da man
11-02-2009, 11:03 AM
I love my xlv being 23ft and since you have an LSV aleady why not just get another LSV? I couldn't image going smaller in the Outback. I love my boat but wish Moomba had a wider beam in their xlv. I got to ride in an Enzo 24 with 102" beam. That boat was a beast when it comes to interior

moombadaze
11-02-2009, 11:45 AM
new LSV. nough said!

VA LSV
11-02-2009, 11:58 AM
LSV hull changed in 06. Outback V continued with the old LSV hull till 09. Check both of them out and see which one fits your needs best. Won't find a better value than Moomba

mmandley
11-02-2009, 12:12 PM
My vote is always the LSV over the Outback for Wake Boarding.

LSV wasn't made or designed for Skiing and it shows when you have to change the prop and move people to the front of the boat to get the ass end out of the water. Plus even completely empty and only 3 peeps in the boat your ding 4K on the RPM to get to the 30+ speeds you need for Skiing.

Outback was made with the Skier in mind and the wake boarder second in mind.

Both boats can be equal in Surfing and up to the Windshield are pretty identical looking.

The 2 major things that made me buy my LSV over the outback were.

1 the Outback seating is lower to the floor and causes people with longer legs to have there legs closer to there chest and its uncomfortable to me.

2 Bow room is less. Thats there Outback took the 1Ft difference in hull length out and if you like to spend time up there you will notice the difference right away as you cant stretch out and it feels cramped with 2 people up there.

I felt the 5K difference in the boats was more then worth getting the bigger LSV and i dont regret it for 1 second.

LSV04
11-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks-LSV it is.

mmandley
11-03-2009, 12:44 PM
WOW a MB TC for 50K. Man thats what i would upgrade for if i had the garage space for one. Those Pickle forked noses rock. I realy like the way the whole boat looks. Plus even though its not a Moomba its more Moomba then Malibu, MC, and those other guys.

I will never own a Malibu or a MC just because i dont want the stigma that comes with them. As in so fare most people i have met with a MC think they are better then everyone else, and people with Malibu's just plain dont talk to you lol.

I think there jealous my boat does all the same as there's and its 20K cheaper