PDA

View Full Version : Winterflush ? ? easy winterizing?

volfo
10-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Anyone used this or a similar product to winterize? Essentially, it just sucks the antifreeze in through the water pump so you don't have to disconnect everything to drain all the water and then fill manually with antifreeze.

This product is for an I/O. Anyone know if there is an adapter or similar product for a DD ski boat?

http://www.winterflush.com/terms/

DOCDRS
10-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Looks good, but you need a biger hose going to the water pick up as its sucking thru about a 1" internal diameter. You stille need to drain your block and exhaust manifolds and supply lines and other acces. before you do this as otherwise you are diluting your antifreeze with the water in all these areas which could be as much as 2 gal or more. then your going to have to add antifreeze to your bucket as it draws untill enough is coming out the exhaust to keep and even level in the bucket, kind of same setup as posted before but without the 3" pvc on the exhaust a little simpler maybe

jester
10-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Check out the below post.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=9431

DOCDRS
10-28-2009, 08:18 PM
OMG....use deerfield's set up $160 for a pail , pipe, and a piece of plastic, just about fell off my chair laughing.

viking
10-29-2009, 12:53 AM
OMG....use deerfield's set up $160 for a pail , pipe, and a piece of plastic, just about fell off my chair laughing.

2nd that! Save $100 bucks - go to Home Depot or Lowes and have something that works probably better.

DOCDRS
10-29-2009, 01:07 AM
2nd you Viking

mustangairchair
11-11-2009, 09:02 PM
the best way i have found is the perko pro flusher and my hot water shower. i drain every thing and then i hook the shower up to the perko flusher and stick the hot water line from the shower into the antifreeze jug turn on the pump and run the motor it pumps antifreeze in and through every thing except the v drive because the flusher is mounted after the v drive here is a link for the flusher. thanks http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DP7

boatmech
05-07-2010, 05:33 PM
winterflush.com is by far the best way to winterize.
It pumps strait antifreeze to your raw water impeller in instead of letting it burn out like the camco kit.
the hose is 5/8 id like your garden hose but its high temp. and braided so it will hold up.
To remove any water from the block you can drain it before circulating antifreeze or you can use the kit without the skirt,when it starts coming out red shut it down, hook up the skirt and start circulating till you hit operating temp.
then check the antifreeze with the tester it comes with.you don't even have to touch the engine.
winterflush is the only kit that pumps hot fluid to the thermostat so you know it's opening and flooding all the water jackets.your engine block was designed for a radiator. winterflush is that radiator.
they now sell a inboard kit with dual skirts for dual exhaust.
winterflush is cheap money compared to a new engine.I'll bet you paid more for water skis.

Garn
05-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Boatmech, are you with winterflush?

boatmech
06-20-2010, 08:43 AM
winterflush.com is by far the best way to winterize.
It pumps strait antifreeze to your raw water impeller in instead of letting it burn out like the camco kit.
the hose is 5/8 id like your garden hose but its high temp. and braided so it will hold up.
To remove any water from the block you can drain it before circulating antifreeze or you can use the kit without the skirt,when it starts coming out red shut it down, hook up the skirt and start circulating till you hit operating temp.
then check the antifreeze with the tester it comes with.you don't even have to touch the engine.
winterflush is the only kit that pumps hot fluid to the thermostat so you know it's opening and flooding all the water jackets.your engine block was designed for a radiator. winterflush is that radiator.
they now sell a inboard kit with dual skirts for dual exhaust.
winterflush is cheap money compared to a new engine.I'll bet you paid more for water skis.

Boatmech, are you with winterflush?

In my profession I have alot of questions about this product.So I bought a winterflush kit and used it. I can voice my oppinion hear without work issues.