PDA

View Full Version : Teak and Tune Clinic -

Brianinpdx
10-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Hey guys -

I didnt want to hijack that amplifier gain thread so I figured that I'd start a new one. If your interested in getting together to do a hands on clinic let me know. Depending on how many people are interested we could set this up several different ways.

WHAT: Hands on Tune up clinic.
- Learn how to set up gains,
- Basic EQ
- Understanding Ground loop issues
- Current consumption and battery topics

WHERE: Exile Audio warehouse; Lake Oswego Oregon

COST: Free

WHEN: (open to debate) need some help here. people need to chime in. I'd suggest a weekend afternoon.

*It does not matter what brands or what setup you have. No question is taboo. Trust me, we've seen it all. haha! But I cant promise I wont grab my camera and post some crazy ghetto wire job up on the forum. muhaha!

mmandley
10-27-2009, 01:15 PM
I am interested for sure. Saturday afternoon works just need a little advance notice.

Is this a bring your boat deal? Or you using the stuff in your office for training?

I got some pics of my Amps i did this summer in my profile. Look laugh its all good.

mmandley
10-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Stickers. Dont forget the stickers. :D

jmvotto
10-27-2009, 02:08 PM
I would like a report of the FAQ's for those that can't make it.;)
Unless you want to do an East Coast swing

cab13367
10-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Brian,

I am definitely down for this and would be happy to volunteer my boat as the test subject :) I will be putting in a JL Audio M6600 to run 6 cabin speakers and a Kicker 08ZX700.5 to run 4 tower speakers and a sub and would love if it you could show us how to set the gains properly. Problem is that I probably won't be able to get the install done until after the Thanksgiving holiday (doing it myself the week of Thanksgiving). Don't know if everyone is willing to wait that long.

BTW, I work in LO - what's your store's address?

Thanks,

Al

Brianinpdx
10-27-2009, 03:26 PM
ok guys lets see who responds and go from there. We could probably save everyone some trouble if we used one boat for hands on purposes. I'll let you guys decide who that is haha!

Cab - we are not a retail shop. We have many retailers around the state, but this would be more of a training for the Moomba guys and not a retail orientated thing. But if your over in lake O hit me up at 971-645-3145 and we can get together for sure.

-Brian

kaneboats
10-27-2009, 05:21 PM
I second an FAQ if someone could post it. This is a cool idea.

sandm
10-27-2009, 05:55 PM
hows about early next spring. I'd make the drive over for a weekend trip if it was in the march timeframe.. always wanting to learn more about audio and meet some fellow skiers owners..
we are in our peak season right now at work and have a big project the first of the year so I don't think any vacations until early march..

I have aunt/uncle in oswego, so could turn into a family trip and give me a chance to take my revenge on the great blue course at heron lakes :)

RobertJ
10-28-2009, 12:17 AM
I would be in, just let me know. As far as a demo boat how about a drawing to see whose boat could be the test subject.