PDA

View Full Version : Finally!! My first inboard.

colepop
10-23-2009, 09:55 PM
I finally joined the happy ranks of those with a true ski boat. I ditched the old Crownline and bought a used Moomba. Boat is in awesome shape, low hours and I must say, I will never go back to a runabout again. Man what have I been missing. Smooth Power, no more floor it and hold on - no more working the throttle back and forth to maintain speed. A tower for our boards and room for everything...

I do have a question. The (round) access panel in the floor is cracked. What is it called and where can I purchase one? Also is there a metal or aluminum one that is more durable?

I can't wait for spring when my wife, sons and I can hit the lake in style and comfort!!

By the way, I have enjoyed this board and the info is very helpful.

That is all. Thanks for letting me brag.

:D

cab13367
10-23-2009, 10:50 PM
colepop,

Congratulations and welcome to the Moomba family! What year and model did you get? I'm not familiar with the round access panel you are referring to.

I too came from a runabout to my Moomba and it's night and day difference.

Al

Mikey
10-24-2009, 12:56 AM
Night and day,switched from an outboard. as for the panel we need more details as to what you are referring.

jjerrod
10-24-2009, 01:26 AM
welcome :)

james yarosz
10-24-2009, 09:23 AM
I have a 03 Outback LS.It has a round plate in the floor between the two front seats.It is for access to the bildge pump.Someone stepped on mine and cracked it.My local marina had a replacement.If not West Marine online has them on page 370 of their catalog.

tazz3069
10-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Welcome to the family. Congrats on your new boat. I had a old 1990 Commander with a Mercury 175 on it. I love my moomba. Best move I ever did. We are all family here. So if you have a question or concern about your boat, just ask and I am sure one of us will have the answer. There are several member here who are very knowledgeable. Between all of our brain cells, we will come up with a solution.
Mark

colepop
10-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks guys!

The panel is the one that James referred to. It is a round plastic access cover between the driver and observer seat. My boat is a 2000 Outback. An oldie I know, but to me it is awesome.

I will check with West Marine for the part. Other than that, my boat is ready for the summer.

mmandley
10-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Gratz Colepop, welcome to Moomba and the forums. The best thing i like about this site is its active, and a place i can go chill and be almost as entertained as on the Fierah.

skiyaker
10-25-2009, 07:08 PM
congrats man on the boat . I'm told 90% of those who switch from an I/O to an inboard never go back- the reasons are obvious once you drive one. I was a little weirded out by the "I can't steer in reverse" factor at first but got over it pretty quickly. I can't wait to see some pics of your new ride.

polar21
10-25-2009, 10:15 PM
colepop,

I just picked up my first inboard boat as well. Mine is a '99 Outback so roughly the same year as yours. I too am looking forward to the summer and warm water!

mcdye
10-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Picked my first inboard in Feb, will probably never go back to an I/O.

kaneboats
10-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Congrats you guys! Remember that these are like Corvettes to us so we like to see pics from all years. Nothing wrong with a 2000 :D